• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

do you have a 'bare minimum' workout that you fall back on when extra busy?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
do you have a 'bare minimum' workout that you fall back on when extra busy?

Yeah. If time limited, main lifts are priority. I generally like to get 3 lifts per session completed. Each session starts with a squat or a deadlift. Then a bench. The 3rd loft can be dropped if time pressed. It's either another squat or bench variation.

Main lift, I spread mine over 4 days. Then usually an accessory to it, or I implement a boring but big type style and just do multiple sets at a lower weight of the same lift

Yep, I'll pick 3 bodyweight or lightweight exercises in a circuit and rep 21-15-9, I stick to upper or lower workout only.
Makes you realise you're alive!

Yeah, nah.. training comes first, other pesky life shit has to fit around it or I tell it to piss off.

The only exception is if I feel sick as a dog then I go and follow my training plan as usual, with the concession that I focus on completing my main lift and then play it by ear with my other lifts which is basically carrying on until my medication wears off and/or body parts switch off.

yesterday I did that. Had 45mins including warmup. Deadlift up to 94% for a double. 5 sets of 3 at 80% on the 2mins.

Yeah actually thats another one i fall back on. If time restricted, ill load up 65-70% and just do 10-12 doubles on the minute. Pretty fucked after 12 minutes. In and out in under 30 though.

No
when I'm in the gym it's my time things have to wait.

if I'm busy on the day I won't go.

if one is always too busy everyday I suspect one is disorganized.

No
when I'm in the gym it's my time things have to wait.

if I'm busy on the day I won't go.

if one is always too busy everyday I suspect one is disorganized.

Yeah I try and make the gym my time as much as possible but sometimes things just need to be done at that time and then there is only so many hours in the day to get all the work done.

Put it this way when you have a few hundred thousand dollars of crop or animals on the line it's going to take priority.

Yeah I try and make the gym my time as much as possible but sometimes things just need to be done at that time and then there is only so many hours in the day to get all the work done.

Put it this way when you have a few hundred thousand dollars of crop or animals on the line it's going to take priority.

I'm sure what you're doing works fine, you are your own expert, what you'd do would drive me to distraction.
thatd be hard yakka.

If I'm busy I will shuffle workout days around. I'll either go in the morning instead of catch up on the weekend.

I understand people can be busy with work, family etc - my workouts generally take anywhere from 30 mins - 45 mins (Max) - I focus more on heavy duty style/Max-ot style workouts so it combines the best of both worlds - heavy weights and doesn't take hours to complete!

If for whatever reason I am busy I will make up the sessions during the week at some point - no real excuse to miss a session completely

If I can't make it during the week I just will hit it Friday night straight after work, Saturday morning, sunday afternoon to try make up for it.