• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
so if your stranded on a small island with minimal vegetation, and living off the fish.

do you think you'll not have enough energy to find more fish to survive?

energy comes from wakefulness, which comes from these systems;
7PPVxQE.jpg

Energy comes from protein, carbs and fats though? Not just carbs...

Carbs are the preferred source of energy. Building muscle is not energy efficient for the body. It takes energy to build muscle and extra muscle requires more energy to keep going. As a survival mechanism the body is less likely to build muscle when carbs are very restricted.

so if your stranded on a small island with minimal vegetation, and living off the fish.

do you think you'll not have enough energy to find more fish to survive?

Just surviving is totally different to optimal conditions to build muscle.

Carbs are the preferred source of energy. Building muscle is not energy efficient for the body. It takes energy to build muscle and extra muscle requires more energy to keep going. As a survival mechanism the body is less likely to build muscle when carbs are very restricted.

Why do you think this? Do u think it depends on the person or this is simply general across the board

What Bazza says makes sense, the body is very efficient at producing energy for the least cost and having big muscles is not metabollically efficient at all.

How can you not eat carbs?
Potato (in particular the sweet variety), bananas and vegies are excellent food choices.
Kunce be mad.

Why do people take pre-workout supps?

What are you doing wrong to actually need them?

I take my PWO then self flagellate to atone for it. Problem is I find myself taking the PWO more for the flagellation. It's a vicious cycle.

Why do people take pre-workout supps?

What are you doing wrong to actually need them?

I take them for the BCAAs and creatine.

Recently I've been taking an intra workout with BCAAs and prefer it. It encourages you to take regular drinks between sets and I feel a bit more alert and motivated during the workout.

No explanation needed, simple is good

What are in carbs that makes them 'build muscle'? Amino acids are the building blocks of muscle. Carbs can only be used in 3 ways; a fuel source, replace glycogen and to be stored as fat. In that order.

Anyone heard of the 30 bananas a day guy? Duranrider I think his YouTube Chanel is.

Hes not big but he's pretty lean and seems to make sense.

Its all confusing to me.