• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

jzpowahz

I know we have some big eaters around here. Anyone else do eating comps?

Post up the challenge and what you did :)

I put my name down for another eating comp. Details here COAST FOOD: Big things on the cards for Little Italy | Sunshine Coast Daily The thing looks pretty damn big! 24" pizza which has not been eaten by a single person yet. If you do it in under an hour you get a free 24" pizza every month for a year. I'm more of a speed eater than volume but I'll certainly have a good crack at it.
SCN_31-07-2014_EGN_12_SCN300714PIZZAd_t460.jpg

I did this one a few weeks ago. I am the current leader at 6m30s. Over 500g of meat on the burger and the usual stuff. Over 500g of chips.
20141102_172147.jpg

Also done these
835g of bananas in 2mins
2 min banana eating challenge - YouTube

Furious pete crumpet challenge - YouTube
5 dry crumpets in 3m26s

dominos's squat/deadlift pizza challenge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c8BA5hXHBY

More info here
http://www.competitiveeating.com.au/

I want to try this one next
http://www.competitiveeating.com.au/happy-meal-challenge/

Haven't done many but a challenge was thrown down to me to smash 2 Road runners fish burgers. I did it in around 9 minutes.
If anyone has been to Roadies in Dampier they'll understand how big these burgers are! :)

Do you know my mate Jim Bob (James ) rose?

he is based in Adelaide and has won most of the eating comps over there.

he was my old training partner and eats like no one else I have ever seen!

Nah, I don't know too many in the scene. I'm just a noob haha. There does seem to be a fair few gym people who do them though. So anabolic LOL

THEN, it was finally time for the 24” Pizza challenge. I had about 9L of water during the day and no food. Last water was a few hours before. There was 39 people in the comp and no one has ever finished the pizza in any time limit. If you could do it in under an hour, you get a free 24” pizza every month for a year.

patiently waiting for everyone’s pizzas to come out
20141124_193029.jpg

I got chicken and sundried tomatoes (not the greatest choice for a comp in hindsight)
20141124_193136.jpg

struggle street
IMG_116725327216142.jpg

time lapse vid. 45mins into 90secs. I think the last slice took as long as the first half!
http://youtu.be/2QojfzyAoec

friends made these LOL
IMG_79853671799808.jpg

IMG_115806888678545.jpg

estimated macros (based on that being about 4 domino’s pizzas)
Screenshot_2014-11-24-21-49-36.jpg

And in the end, there was only one man left standing. 38 drops outs (including one very brave 16 year old girl) and I became the first and only person to finish one! I was not feeling well at this stage but no expulsion was required LOL

me with the owner
IMG_0112.jpg

Massive Massive effort, guess you'll be enjoying a free pizza once a month now.....

So what would have been the best topping choice for this challenge on reflection?

10 cheeseburgers in 4 min. If they are Macca's cheesys I think I'm a shot at that.

Will try it out soon. Any excuse to smash some maccas.

And great work jz.

Thanks mate :)

Most people went for a basic margerita as it is just cheese and fresh tomatoes. My pizza had big chunks of chicken breast which were tough after a while and BLOODY MASSIVE sundried tomatoes.

Just got interviewed on the radio. Told them about a few of my other comps as well and they were very impressed haha. Said to let them know when I do some more and they'll cover it :)

hahaha heard you on the radio, local celebrity now, I laughed when they said you dont eat that kind of stuff daily because you are a PT

hahaha heard you on the radio, local celebrity now, I laughed when they said you dont eat that kind of stuff daily because you are a PT

LOL. Got interviewed for ch7 news. Made sure I included the term "flexible dieting" haha
[MENTION=16378]StrungOut[/MENTION]; wasn't even that much over.

Down 1.5kg this morning strangely. (must not have been as much sodium as typical pizzas I think as these were "gourmet"

Bottom one looks a piece of piss, the problem with a lot of these challenges is if the food is flat out shit

haha. If it it's your mouth long enough to taste it, to slow :p

Nah, depending on the volume you may end up tasting some. The burger I did, was long gone before taste arrived haha.

I haven't done any official comps but I did my own personal ones.

I did 20 crushed weet bix and milk in 1 minute also done 10 dim sims in 1 min. Going to save us some Cals and do 10 Maccas cheeseburgers for time and see how I go.

I'll have to find some places around here that do some eating comps to try.

Pretty sure Jim bob hold the record for that burger challenge too......

I simply can't eat that volume of meat in one serve. I ate a 650 gram rump for lunch the other day, and that is about my limit.

I get gag reflex at the best of times (eg eating dry grilled chicken breast and broccoli when dieting, eating tuna out of tin)

I haven't done any official comps but I did my own personal ones.

I did 20 crushed weet bix and milk in 1 minute also done 10 dim sims in 1 min. Going to save us some Cals and do 10 Maccas cheeseburgers for time and see how I go.

I'll have to find some places around here that do some eating comps to try.

that's the spirit!

I've never done a bulk meat one. 500g max. I prefer the carbs LOL