• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Review: Alpha Fit Custom J Hooks

Rossco99

Hi all, just a quick review of a purchase I recently made with Alpha Fit (http://www.alphafit.com.au/)...I have a Bodycraft F430 power rack which comes with a terrible pair of J hooks (they fit over the tubing, so I can't relocate them without disassembling the rack, plus there is a plastic cap on them which the bar can get caught on). To make matters worse, the rack tubing is 75mm x 55 mm (rather than 55mm x 75mm) with a 12mm pin hook hole, so most of the available J hooks don't fit it.

I ordered a custom size pair of J hooks through Alpha Fit (AlphaFit J Hook - custom sizing), who were very quick to respond and make the hooks in my requested colour (black). Unfortunately, the pair that they initially sent were the wrong size, but they quickly acknowledged the error and made a new pair. The new pair that they made fit perfectly and are really solid.

The hooks are probably a little on the expensive side (as I probably could've got similar made from the US or elsewhere cheaper), but overall, I'm pretty happy with the product and the service.

Cheers,

Ross

$159 in the second (custom sizing) link.
I agree, look the goods. Definitely look bar friendly

How many guys are worried about their bars being damaged? Would be interested to know how many people want a j hook that protects a bar over a j hook that has no protective surface.

Not many I would say, especially in public gyms lol
If I was investing in good bars I'd look in to these... But I would also say more damage is done when you can't rack it back on to the hooks and have to go for the safety's.

Yes, the bar-friendlieness of the hooks was a big factor, my plan is to get an ABC bar at some point, and the one good thing about the rack is that the safety bars have a rubber layer on top, plus I have a pair of Spud suspension straps, so that should give some more longevity to the bar (if and when I can get one:)