• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Simple 531 inspired template

reubs

I like the philosophy behind 531 it can be massaged to meet a lot of training needs. Heres a template that many have had great success using especially guys that are still building a decent base of strength.

-Take 95% of your everyday max and set it as your training max.

-Week 1: 65%x5, 75%x5, 85%x5, +5% jumps until a 5 rep max is met. Then drop back down to 65% for 3 sets of 5.

-Week 2: 70%3, 80%x3, 90%x3, +5% jumps until a 3 rep max is met. Then drop back down to 70% for 3 sets of 5.

-Week 3: 75%x5, 85%x3, 95%x1, +5% jumps until a training1 rep max is met. (Not a true testing 1 rep max, but a 1 rep max for that day). Then drop back down to 75% for 3 sets of 5.

-Increase training max like normal with 5/3/1. Then repeat.

-During subsequent cycles shoot for small PRs when working back up to your 5RM, 3RM and 1RM weeks. So if you hit 205 for 5 on your squat for a 5RM on week 1, then week 4 you'll shoot for 210-215 for your 5RM.

-The back-off sets are light enough to work on technique, but still heavy enough to be productive and get some quality volume in. After the first phase the sets could increase to 4 sets. Then the following phase 5 sets. So by the 3rd cycle through you're hitting 5 sets of 5 on your back-off sets.

Wendler made this in his Beyond 531 book its call Training 5's i hope your not claiming this

I know he has done something similar I speak to him regularly. and this isn't exactly the 531 program just a template based on some of the ideas, thanks.