• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BrisVegasGhost

Elite Member
This is the damage bill:
Multiple injuries to wrist structure % damaged
-FCR 100%
-Radial vessels 100%
-FPL 100%
-Median Nerve 100%
-FDS 100%
-FDP 60%
-APL 100%
-PL 100%

Four and a half hours of surgery. Was in hospital for 4 days and discharged on Tuesday.
My arm is in a splint/sling for the next six weeks.
I have started very light rehab work. At this stage can only curl my fingers one third of the way to my palm.

In 12 weeks time I should have more of an indication on how well the recovery process will be.
So at this stage looking at 12 to 18 weeks off work....possibly more. It could take up to 18 months to 2 years for full nerve recovery.
Worst case scenario is limited finger movements and limited feeling in the finger tips.

But I am keeping positive thoughts for a full recovery. It will be hard work.

I think a positive mindset will be the biggest aid in your rehab mate! Stay consistent and persistent with the rehab, keep doing whatever training you can to stay in the routine. In the scheme of things a year ore two is a small portion of your training career.

Thanks everyone,

Swelling up a little in the hand yesterday but subsided a bit today. Have another appointment with orthopaedic on Tuesday.
When I went in for my first appointment I couldn't believe how many people they have in the waiting room. There would have been 60 people at least all with some sort of hand/arm damage. And this was 8am on a thurs morning!

Fingers loosening up ever so slightly.....its a weird feeling not having that full nerve sensation and control over them....yet.
Its only 5 days since the op but no great discomfort....annoying typing one handed tho

Stay positive, some days it will be hard, but in the long run you'll be sweet.
Do all the rehab & dont rush back into anything

Follow up today at the hospital just to check out the stitches and wound to make sure its not infected.everything checked ok..little bit red but of no real concern. Not sure how many stitches I had but counted about 40 when they removed the dressing around the wrist
Still on antibiotics till tomorrow.
Next appointment Thursday

Another visit to the orthopedic this morning.
They gave me a few more minor exercises to do to
They will keep the stitches in for another week.
Not sure how many stitches I had but counted about 40,

been walking and eating ok mate? Best you can do at the moment I guess!

Diet has been ok, not really hungry as I'm not actively doing much.
Pain killers might be killing the appetite a bit.
Gonna start getting into some abb and hyper extension exercise work.
Heading up to noosa for couple days to relax.

Some weird nerve sensations going thru to the finger tips. Feels like the back of my fingers have an ice pack on them.I keep touching them to make sure they are warm.
A few shots of pain like an electric current running thru my hand occasionally causes me to jump a bit.
Next appointment is Thursday to have the stitches removed.

Best of luck with your recovery mate!

I've been following the discussion on nootropics on another thread, and doing a bit of internet research on Noopept and related things. It just occurred to me that taking something like this might help to speed up nerve re-growth in your hand.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

You still gonna pump the left gun?

Will have a break from upper body for about at least 4 to 5 months until I can close my hand and get a decent grip.
I will start doing squats and standing calf raises once I can use my hand a bit to stabilize the bar.