• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How healthy are kebabs?

I was watching a British show some time back and they where showing a group of young adults what goes into kebabs , and I mean from the Abattoirs to the shop .

The butchers seemed to use the shittiest cuts of meat , basically everything they couldnt sell or pack into a sausage and that went into the kebab. The beef kebab had DNA from Beef , Lamb , Pork and even stranger cuts like Goat (someone on here isnt going to like that) and Camel . Now I dont have an issue with the different cuts but its hardly beef and it was low quality so you ended up with a highly saturated fat meat .

Best bet would be to make your own at home with the cuts of your choice . I would say the same with burgers , home made burgers are always great :).

nah these dona a kebabs are disgusting, gotta go with gyros souva or the chicken, where you can actually tell what meat is used and it actually tastes good

I think if your going to have a kebab just go all out and have whatever the f**K you want on it - then eat your steak and veggies later....lets not overthink a kebab haha

If you want to you can easily fit things like a kebab into your diet without having to do a full in blow out.

I'm quite fond of a late night lamb sandwich. I've seen the doco [MENTION=17828]lilcuda[/MENTION]; mentioned and there is some shit that goes into them. But I'll treat myself every now and then with one or two.
There's a new Greek gyros taverna in Mascot that's great too. It smells exactly like the gyro shops on the Greek islands. Ahhhhh the memories! Lol

I doubt anyone is really thinking that this is health food though right? I mean, if I am eating a kebab, I am not telling myself that I am eating healthy, I know that I am eating something with more grease than I am accustomed to. But it is delicious though ;)

Had 2 yesterday.

They got veggies and meat with some bread. All da major food groups. Don't see the problem :cool:

Whats the kebab wrap thingy with the chips in it?

Had one the other weekend for the 1st time, had never seen them before.

Wod-u-tulkyn-bout wrap with chips in it Willis?
never seen me this miracle food.

In Greece they put a hot chip or two in it!! I remember buying a gyro or ten there and all had a hot chip involved. Tasty as!

Couple of places I get kebabs from put chips in their gyros. It's put me off trying a gyros, stick to the tried and tested chicken...is it worth a go?

Yeah, that's it [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; , [MENTION=11621]taurus[/MENTION]; .. never heard of it either till I had picked one off the menu.

I thought the chips would come as a side, but they were wrapped up in the thing. Phuck all chicken too. Lucky it was cheap.

In other news. Had another (Standard) kebab today.

Seem to be a staple on the weekends.