• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Study says sex with more than 20 women protects men from prostate cancer

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
SEX with 21 women: It may wreck a man’s marriage, but could it save his prostate? New research suggests so.

A study from the University of Montreal suggests that sex really is a necessary ingredient of life for men — protecting the promiscuous from prostate cancer.
The survey found men who reported sleeping with more than 20 women had one third of the risk of developing the disease than their monogamous counterparts. And if they did get it, they were 19 per cent less likely to have the most aggressive varieties.

“It is possible that having many female sexual partners results in a higher frequency of ejaculations, whose protective effect against prostate cancer has been previously observed in cohort studies,” researcher Dr Marie-Elise Parent reports.
The study, in the Journal Cancer Epidemiology, followed 3200 men between 2005 and 2009.
Some of the results were expected. Men with prostate cancer, for example, had double the chance of having relatives with the disease.
But the sex link was something of a surprise.

Men who reported never having had sexual intercourse had almost double the risk of developing the disease.
But promiscuity does not seem to be of benefit to homosexual men, the report finds. They appear to be at almost double the risk of getting the cancer.
All explanations as to the cause of the correlations are “highly speculative”, Dr Patient says.
Other studies have highlighted the protective properties of sexual intercourse because of the way it reduces the amount of carcinogenic crystals in the prostate’s fluids.
Why the opposite effect in homosexuals? Dr Parent doesn’t know.
“It could come from greater exposure to STIs, or it could be that anal intercourse produces physical trauma to the prostate,” she says.
So, can you expect your doctor to soon be proscribing more sex to heterosexual men battle the possibility of prostate cancer?
“We’re not there yet,” Dr Parent says.

could this be used as a new pick up line
hey you wanna help save me from prostate cancer? i only need to sleep with 10 more chicks to me

I can vouch that 3 months ago I had my prostate measured with an ultrasound and blood test (while in for motobike accident) and is spot on. ;)

Ok srs question here, is it true every guy need to get their prostate checked once a year after the age of 40? Isn't that a bit overkill. And what does this exam involve exactly? Hopefully no latex gloves involved.. lol.

No more gloves from what I hear :(
I also think once a year is excessive... I don't even go to the docs once every year!

Ok srs question here, is it true every guy need to get their prostate checked once a year after the age of 40? Isn't that a bit overkill. And what does this exam involve exactly? Hopefully no latex gloves involved.. lol.

Yeah, sound about right, I got the ultrasound and blood test cos of the ruptured kidney, but at the local doc with no fancy machinery you'd be lucky to get the glove, I rectum.