• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many people here started lifting due to Depression or a bad breakup

Started lifting just because.

But nowadays i do find myself using the Iron to help deal with external stressor. I mean i dont suffer any debilitating depressive feels, but i do have a mild issue with stress with work and other bullshit etc and the Iron fixes it pretty well. Doesnt argue, doesnt bullshit you.

there's another reason I lift that teenagers prob haven't even considered.

I've met a lot of older people who never exercised and as a result have a lot of mobility issues. They get to their 60s start having problems and doctor tells them to exercise which does help but if they started earlier it might of prevented some problems and would suck to be a gym noob at that age.

Started getting serious at the gym because of being dumped. Was 24 and had been with her since I was 19, the last 6 years have been a great journey :)

Im 21 and have suffered from depression since primary school,

i started lifting with my partner recently, and have found Lifting + Good Nutrition has had a much bigger impact on my mood and attitude then these anti depressants.!

So good to come onto this forum and fill my brain with info.

I never started training because I was depressed, but I sure enjoy training to counter stressful situations.

Training, and getting results and satisfaction, great tonic for mental well-being.

Am I the only kunce on here to start lifting to get more pussy?
Or am just the only honest or dumb enough kunce to admit it?

Am I the only kunce on here to start lifting to get more pussy?
Or am just the only honest or dumb enough kunce to admit it?

I thought chicks hated vain guys and gym junkies until I got fit and started getting looks / approached. Fucking hell I wish I'd done this at a younger age.

On topic yes definitely it helps. Obviously not with severe 'wheres a carbon monoxide canister and a mask' depression but to stave off episodes it's great. That and having good friends/family.
It's not why I started but it's one reason I continue.

I started because I assume my marriage will fail at some point and i dont want to be an old unfit loser who cant get pussy, a newly single woman just needs to announce said fact and blokes will be lined up around the corner to get a piece.

In summary, the sexual glass ceiling that keeps old, unfit, divorced and broke losers from rooting heaps of girls is why I lift.

"Girls want personality and stimulating conversation"

Suuuuure they do.

I started because I assume my marriage will fail at some point and i dont want to be an old unfit loser who cant get pussy, a newly single woman just needs to announce said fact and blokes will be lined up around the corner to get a piece.

In summary, the sexual glass ceiling that keeps old, unfit, divorced and broke losers from rooting heaps of girls is why I lift.

"Girls want personality and stimulating conversation"

Suuuuure they do.

I like it, Bro.
Perfectly good and genuine reason to lift, nothing wrong with being prepared and not need it, better than the other way around.
We've all seen the losers cry boohoo she left me, I'm gonna join the gym, get in shape, gat a tan, grow some hair...............blah blah blah......should have done that years ago dickhead.

oh.......almost forgot.
the piece about girls wanting stimulating conversation is true
but it's only after you've nailed their brains out first.

Last edited:
Neither. I was dared by a mate to endure a chest seasion with him.. Nek minnit, can't stop.