• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym Clothing - brands and the industry

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
what do you guy prefer/think of the industry.

• What is it you wear to the gym?
  • What would make you purchase gym clothing (price, design, materials etc)?
  • Where do you currently get your stuff from now?

I wait until winter and stock up on $5 el cheapo singlets. I wear my most worn out cheapest clothes to the gym knowing they'll get torn up, stretched and sweated all over. I don't understand people who colour code their outfit with matching name brand attire and those stupid fluro shoes. It just screams that you're not working as hard as you could be or don't really care for lifting.

Love my Iron Tanks gear. Ridiculously comfy! But the bulk of what I've got is nike, under armour or surf brand singlets.
Haven't torn (or even stretched) clothes at the gym, would never wear anything that tight.
Personally would prefer to buy based on material, design, cost - in that order. Don't mind paying a bit more for something I'm happy with, goes for everything in life.

I just wear a normal t shirt or polo shirt to the gym, if it's summer and I am in good shape, just a surf brand singlet (if I can get one to fit me)

I don't understand people who colour code their outfit with matching name brand attire and those stupid fluro shoes. It just screams that you're not working as hard as you could be or don't really care for lifting.

What a crock how does what you wear imply how much you lift or hard you take it?

Just my experience being around gyms. The people working the hardest, lifting the heaviest and getting the best results just wear whatever; usually a free t-shirt that came free with a supplement purchase.

The people decked out the latest and greatest gear are more worried about checking Facebook and taking selfies.

I just wear whatever, lately I have been wearing Russell Athletic cotton shorts which I got on special and bought a few pair so I just rotate through them with some various brand singlets, puma, Russell Athletic, Bonds whatever, and in the cooler days a flanny over the top till I warm up, no high fashion goin on here.....

No high fashion? You said you wear a flanny!
yeah sorry my mistake, i should have clarified with usualky no high fashion unless its cold and i wear my flanny till i warm up...then the flanny is remove all fashion sense goes out the window and its down to business...

me i wear ausbb tshirt and cheapon shorts from kmart

while i don't agree with what stevep said in regards to
I don't understand people who colour code their outfit with matching name brand attire and those stupid fluro shoes. It just screams that you're not working as hard as you could be or don't really care for lifting.

but i always amuses me seeing the newbies to the gym decked out in the latest athletic gear from rebel sport

ebay singlets (regular, not the bodybuilder type ones that confirm DYEL status for most wearers), bigw stretchy shorts, and Chucks. Look like a daggy prick, but fucks given 0.

Adidas or Nike shorts, the nylon really light weight ones, and generally a Hollister or Adidas T-shirt.
Never owned any BB gear besides gloves, I've seen clowns look more sensible than some BBers.

I certainly sense a lot more audience attention when I wear brand spanking new mossimo singlets and nike free run shorts to the gym - that's my stereo outfit by the way. Even when doing something incredibly boring such as rows.

Sadly, when it's the Big W no name wear (but equally comfortable) no such luck with the attention however that's before I start grunting a bit louderer and slam the barbell down decisively at the end of each set (cue come at me bro face).

Bring back Happy Pants.

8299214707b3b98d841b4e2a4042189d.jpg