• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ronnie or Phil?

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Both comparisons 10 years apart.
First 2001 Ronnie and 2011 Phil

4339ed4a1a3bbdecff731c9d39340bd8.jpg

2003 Ronnie and 2013 Phil

26faca021d17121229428ead000c5607.jpg

in those comparison shots i would hve to go with Phil, seems to hve tighter waist and better symetry from the back, although Big Ron's arms look bigger i dont think it quite makes up for the rest, very tough call though.....

He's wasn't at his best then and was probably lucky to beat Jay.
2001 and 2003 were his best years although I think 1999 was.

Last edited:
Probably wanna' see more recent pics of Phil too, but with those pics I'd give it to Ronnie!

Remembering that these are just photos and may not accurately convey the package on stage and that the most recent pic of Phil is apparently 2013 and alot can change in the better part of 2 years, my opinion is that -

Ronnie has better developed arms, particularly biceps with better separation and a better peak, although Phil improves greatly between the two pics.
Ronnie's abs are more comprehensive and defined.
Ronnie's ercetors and glutes are more developed and thicker.
IMO Ronnie's legs are a little more developed e.g. vastus medialis, but it could just be how they are posing. In the second pics he definitely has more vascular legs.
Ronnie definitely has more mass overall, whether this appeals to you or not is personal preference. Phil does have a much thinner waist and the shape of his lats accentuate that, however Ronnie has a bit more meat in his lats and personally I find that more visually striking. The two have very different physiques. Particularly in the first pics Phil's transverse abdominis looks better. Both have strong points and no doubt Phil will continue to improve, but based purely on these pics, I prefer Ronnie's physique. However we all know how subjective this sport is.....

Sometimes it's very hrd to tell. Lot's of them use SEO so it wouldn't surprise. Mind you Ronnie has large biceps anyway.

At 100% Ronnie was the most complete bber ever - might be a long time till we see someone with his genetics again....Phil is a fantastic bber/fantastic shape but at 100% Ronnie had great shape, MASSIVE sive, and insane condition...

Well, Phil has overall good symmetry
his biceps are longer and arms overall better shaped.
forearms are a better shape and larger
pecs are smaller but the symmetry is almost perfect
same with lat's and overall back, symmetry is is incredible.
butt cheeks are symmetric compared to rons.
legs, can't see them

im no avid follower just my ob's