• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I find taking 200mg of 5-HTP after a great deal of partying before sleep for a couples of nights have greatly reduced the negative effects of said partying. Then Acetyl Tyrosine the next morning and I am feeling dangerously normal again.

Dangerous as in you feel invincible and want to beeline to the next party, but repeated cycles of this foolish behaviour down-regulates the receptors and meaning that you need to constantly level up the partying just for the same fun factor. FML!

Thanks for the discussion folks.
Bit of googling can virtually source most nootropics even modafinil.

Adding the choline has had a good effect so far. Things have become a little crisper both visually and hearing as well a very clear mind.
1g of the stuff tastes awful, but I can live with it. I'm taking 1g with my 20mg of Noopept twice a day. Very happy.

I've have Major Depressive Disorder for almost 6 years, I've had awful problems growing up. Was bullied, felt sad, etc.
I've been on Serotonin (Zoloft) for almost 6 years, Risperidal for almost 5 years both have kept me level, but never made me feel good.

This year has been a big improvement, especially now that I'm exercising frequently as part of bodybuilding as well as eating enough food.
Probably the best year of my life so far. This time of year gets tough for me, I fatigue so easily. But with noopept I feel like I can take it on.

I've been talking to my pharmacist who is a personal friend, and she's been very helpful teaching me about nootropics, etc.
And making sure none of them have interactions with my prescription medication.

Strong post man. Appreciate the information.
I feel dopey after melatonin some mornings, turn my light on and look straight at it, ALL GOOD.

tryptophan is a serotonin pre-cursor, different type of neuro-chemical. i guess some say its like a mild anti-depressant... but.

just because you have the precursor, doesn't mean you'll make the target chemicals in the body (in this case, serotonin in the brain, hopefully not in the gut where it cannot cross the blood brain barrier, and the gut is where most serotonin is created).

but melatonin is produces from a solid light, and lack of light. ie when you see bright light in the morning it stops the meletonin production, in the evening as the sun goes down, our eyes detect this and tell the pituitary gland to stimulate producing melatonin all through the night, until you see bright light again.

serotonin has very very little play in this axis. its called the placebo effect.

edit: need to be very careful with these things, unfortunately most people are on anti-depressants, which affect dopamine and serotonin, and drug interactions can cause real negative side effects. very touch subject.

need to think, why are you lacking serotonin? whats the cause? because that is the solution, real talk.

tryptophan is a serotonin pre-cursor, different type of neuro-chemical. i guess some say its like a mild anti-depressant... but.

just because you have the precursor, doesn't mean you'll make the target chemicals in the body (in this case, serotonin in the brain, hopefully not in the gut where it cannot cross the blood brain barrier, and the gut is where most serotonin is created).

but melatonin is produces from a solid light, and lack of light. ie when you see bright light in the morning it stops the meletonin production, in the evening as the sun goes down, our eyes detect this and tell the pituitary gland to stimulate producing melatonin all through the night, until you see bright light again.

serotonin has very very little play in this axis. its called the placebo effect.

edit: need to be very careful with these things, unfortunately most people are on anti-depressants, which affect dopamine and serotonin, and drug interactions can cause real negative side effects. very touch subject.

need to think, why are you lacking serotonin? whats the cause? because that is the solution, real talk.

serotonin has a relationship with melatonin production. Yes, you are correct, melatonin is linked to the circadian rythm, and light exposure.

i have suffered chronic insomnia for over two years. this was the result of a series of stressful events. I tried many avenues like CBT to uncover my challenges.

a GP put me on a SNRI to help me through my challenges, and whilst it helped me look in on myself, it didn't solve my insomnia.

i found a new GP, we decided to come off the SNRI, I am currently doing a adrenal hormone diurnal saliva test to look at cortisol spiking, etc.

my use of 5htp serves three purposes. It improves my mood whilst I continue to reflect and confront any personal challenges I need to work through. It helps in regulating my appetite, as I have regulary been a emotional eater, and it helps prepare my body to sleep.

i use a slow release 100mg version that releases over 10 hours, and I take it mid afternoon.

my main goal in training, meditating etc is to be operating in the para sympathetic nervous system (I am sure you know what that is based on your post) and reduce anxiety and cortisol.

My bodyfat distribution is very cortisol centric, so looking forward to my results.

hope that explains why I use 5htp

More lucid than normal dreams last night, probably some of the most intense a vivid dream I've ever had.
Usually melatonin does this a little but, I am not sure whether had has something to with the noopept and choline!
Amazing though!

More lucid than normal dreams last night, probably some of the most intense a vivid dream I've ever had.
Usually melatonin does this a little but, I am not sure whether had has something to with the noopept and choline!
Amazing though!

Combine that with ZMA - mindblowing :)

Alright just read through that log on steroid.com and this just happened.!

RMdRWCL.jpg

Will need to get the 10g powder from BN so I can start taking it sub lingually.

Well puggy you convinced me to part with some hard earned for modafinil.

I am reformed stim indulger (massive speed fiend) hopefully this shit gives me the cognitive function without the destructive elements of amphetamine

Well puggy you convinced me to part with some hard earned for modafinil.

I am reformed stim indulger (massive speed fiend) hopefully this shit gives me the cognitive function without the destructive elements of amphetamine

that it does, stick to 50 or 100mg tho. no need for 200mg.

Alright just read through that log on steroid.com and this just happened.!

RMdRWCL.jpg

Will need to get the 10g powder from BN so I can start taking it sub lingually.

Best way to do it, but man, don't bother with the sub lingually, you'll gag in less than 20 seconds.
Noopept, is awful tasting, though not the worst powder I've tried.