• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Alex Robibaro’s intense training regime ahead of Olympic Park competition

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[h=1]Alex Robibaro’s intense training regime ahead of Olympic Park competition[/h]
425583-ab8ee7b4-54e4-11e4-b832-87336bd9ecaf.jpg

Alex Robibaro is ready for the weekend’s bodybuilding competition.

• International Federation of Bodybuilding champs in Sydney on Sunday
  • West Hoxton resident Alex Robibaro one of 500 competitors
  • Category winners go to Melbourne in 2015 for the Arnold Classic
  • Competitors put their body through gruelling transformations

BODY BUILDER Alex Robibaro has put his perfectly-sculpted body through physical torture over the past 20 weeks but he hopes it will all be worth it when he poses in front of the judges on Sunday.
The West Hoxton resident will compete in the International Federation of Bodybuilding Australian championships at Sydney Olympic Park, hoping for a place in next year’s Arnold Classic at Melbourne.
As a five-year veteran of the bodybuilding game Robibaro is no stranger to the demands of getting his body in prime physical shape, but there’s more to the process than hitting the gym.
505460-83996ece-557e-11e4-94fe-ed4b05a17f82.jpg

Robibaro is in peak condition. Source: Facebook/Tazkphotographer.

“The comp on Sunday I took longer to prepare for than usual to put less stress on my body,” Robibaro said.
“Training stops a couple of days out and we focus on position more instead of training, to get the muscles into the positions we want them in.”
Robibaro, who considers Anytime Fitness at Fairfield West his second home, said training involved working on a different aspect of his body every day of the week.
“It’s about heavy lifting with various rep ranges, usually based off four weeks blocks so the body has enough time to adjust,” he said. “I find constant change stimulates a lot more muscle fibres.”
426041-ac1e9cb0-54e4-11e4-b832-87336bd9ecaf.jpg

Robibaro going through his routine at Anytime Fitness Fairfield West.

And when it comes to fuelling the engine, everything Robibaro puts in his mouth is calculated down to the individual calories.
“I eat what most people would like chicken, fish and steak, except I’m allowed to enjoy mine with flavour,” he said.
“I eat clean most of the year even while not in prep for a competition, but we go out for cheat meals because I believe is a balance between having a healthy lifestyle and being a total fanatic.
“A typical day involves around 500g of either red meat, chicken or fish, I get carbs from sweet potato or brown rice and for fibre, because I don’t eat vegetables, I eat baked beans and supplement that with green shakes.”
When it comes to the judging, Robibaro said eating the wrong thing on the day could ruin his chances. In the lead up Robibaro water loads, starting from 1L a day up to 10L the day before and only taking small sips on the day of competition.
425811-127c5760-557e-11e4-94fe-ed4b05a17f82.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger, who popularised bodybuilding, competing in Sydney in 1980.

425909-d4262d4c-557d-11e4-94fe-ed4b05a17f82.jpg

Mr Olympia Phil Heath is a modern star of the bodybuilding industry.

“The whole process can be ruined by simply carbing up wrong and coming in watery and soft on the day, which in most cases is unintentional and just a spill in the amount taken in,” he said.
“With bodybuilding the judging is based on symmetry, muscle definition, proportions, how lean and dry you come in, so conditioning plays a big part.”
And then of course there’s the all important tanning, which is a longer process than most realise.
“It takes two days prior to the show, putting on two layers the first day and another two layers on the day before the show,” he said.
425966-ae62bbd2-54e4-11e4-b832-87336bd9ecaf.jpg

Robibaro is hoping to win the under 75kg competition.

“Then on the day we use a paste that makes us darker again and gives us that shiny, bronzed look.”
However Robibaro said none of this preparation would have been possible without the support of those around him.
“I’d like to thank my partner Lee Gardner for always being there for me, family, friends and sponsors Liftcorp, Performance Meals and Nutrition Warehouse.”

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au