• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
genrally not drunk much in my life due to working when everyone else is out drinking. when lived in africa was on the piss and drugs almost every night, was the cluture. while it was fun i wouldnt go back to it, its a big reason i left there. could see it leading to a dark place and was on my way down the rabbit hole. like all good addictions its almost always to late when you realise, fortunatly i could see it happenig simply due to being able to see what it had done to those around me and knowing i didnt want to become that.

my personal view is that drink is the devil. the shit i have seen fueled by alcohol, could write multiple books. and i am refering to going out on the piss, i think a few drinks at home or in a bar is fine, but drinking beyond being tipsy is retarded and pointless

drinking beyond being tipsy is retarded and pointless[/QUOTE

Agreed, if you're a drinker (as I am) knowing when enough is enough is the trick. But it can be a fine line that once crossed, you're heading toward piss drunk.

Agree Genics, getting smashed is pretty socially acceptable...
And using "I was drunk" to justify stupid actions is piss weak.

can tell you 1 million percent that drink just releases what was hiding within. it doesnt make u do things that are not in your mind.

no straigh guy has ever gone and sucked off another guy simply because he was drunk

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would want to give up drinking.
I don't see the point of getting in good shape and do nothing with it but sit at home or even worse, go for walks.
Reason why I chased the Coorporate ladder and played the property game is so I can comfortably afford a heavy drinking lifestyle without impacting my family.
Reason I train hard all week, is so I look good when I'm out drinking, and not like a full on alco, could not give a rats arse about being fit, only care about looking it.
To me training and not drinking is sort of like owning a Lamborghini Avantador and never taking it out of the garage, think it's useless, but then again, I'm a pretty fucked up unit.

And [MENTION=15762]El Testicle[/MENTION] ; it's only a problem if you don't enjoy it, you're sweet, I wouldn't worry.

To me it sounds like you really love drinking.
I cant say your post makes a whole lot of sense to me.

double LOL anabolic steroids is listed as worse than ecstacy!!!! BAHAHAHAHA

can tell you 1 million percent that drink just releases what was hiding within. it doesnt make u do things that are not in your mind.

no straigh guy has ever gone and sucked off another guy simply because he was drunk

Some kunce just do not mix well with grog, go troppo and loopy, others (like myself) just loosen up and have some fun.

Have gone through phases where I have drunk more and then sometimes less over the last 10 years - after breakups I tend to go wild for awhile but its drinking on a Friday/Saturday night for example - I am def not a social drinker, if I go to the pub or club I wont have a beer with mates - I will tend to have coke zero, etc - If I do feel like a "drink" I will have southern comfort and lemonade with dinner - but this is on the every odd occasion I'll get a drink while out for dinner etc...

I will go out and drink though still on the odd occasion - prob every 4-5 months (if that) - i.e tonight I have a mates gf's birthday - so I will get pissed but not go crazy....

Other than that - day to day I wont drink - def not a come home from work and have a beer kinda guy - I sometimes may go 6-7 months without a single drink.....

Quitting is for bitches and weak kunce, people who find putting in effort too hard so it's easier to just chuck it in than stick it out and put in the hard work required to achieve a result and the same people bitch every year about losing/gaining weight, getting fit, sorting their mundane personal shit out.

Wait, what are we talking about?

Forgive me, I'm drunk.

I made a deal with my mum that I would stop drinking if she stopped smoking. It lasted a while but one day I felt like a drink with mates and called her to see if she was still off the smokes. She said no so I told her I'm getting smashed.

A few months after that I had a decent afternoon watching ufc at the gym and just decided that was it. I haven't had a drink for 4 years. I like the taste, I still have a few cartons of homebrew beer and cider in the cellar but its all about deciding what I'd rather do. I'd rather get stuff done than wake up dehydrated, tired and ratshit. I'd rather be available for a FRS FTS call than be drunk. If I go out I know how I'm getting home.

It does have a social affect though, I often forget to go to the pub If I'm not reminded that afternoon.

I asked my dad how he manages to keep working for dickheads and he opened his beer fridge. When I had a medical my Dr commented that my string of job changes started about the time I stopped drinking, though he stopped short of telling me to drink.

^^ Sounds like your solving your problems and quitting shitty jobs in search of new ones, rather than just dealing with things by trying to erase your memory every friday/saturday :p

Not giving up but I don't drink that often anyway. Usually don't drink at all and wait until there is something worthwhile.

I drink/smoke the more I work. Smoke generally on weekends to get me through service without throwing a hot pan at somebodys face and a few standards most nights. Nothing substantialbto affect training though, try to make it take priority as much as possible.