• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym comps ?

krayon

Do you guys ever join your gym competitions? eg deadlift 1RM comps, bench comps or just those open days etc.

my gym doesn't really have that sort of stuff , in the classes they have little comps like during the tour de france the rpm class will run a comp where each class you do is worth X amount of km's

Mine has a lot of bw stuff so the girls can compete.... max bw squats/bench dips/burpees in 2 mins sort of thing.
Never had even an inkling of feeling like entering.

Oh they did have a monthly challenge thing I went in once, max distance on a rower in 1 min.

I gave I 1 go after being away on holidays drinking piss every day and dominated, all the cross fit guess who thought they were fit and posted good distances were shattered and tried to catch me for the rest of the month, but couldn't get close, hahaha

^ lol similar thing going on here, the only difference is even with the BW stuff there are hardly any girls that compete, only guys who can barely squeeze out one proper rep even if a gun was pointed to their head.

I am sure it will get better with time as this gym is only new, give a few more months and there might be some real competition worth entering into.

I go to Goodlife and they are running the Goodlife challenge at the moment. There are 2 options with this.

1. Testing strength/fitness and trying to improve on this. There are people constantly filming themselves at the gym which I assume is uploaded somewhere to verify lifts.
2. Body transformation challenge. I think this is a harder challenge it's training and diet based, where the first option is purely focused on training.

Seeing I was doing the Max's Challenge this year, the Goodlife Challenge started around the same time (2 weeks after), so I signed up to it as well knowing I was going to make a significant change to my body. By the time the Goodlife registrations opened, I had already lost about 3kg, but in photos I look about the same. In hindsight, I probably should have started the Max's Challenge at this weight to give myself a few extra weeks to lean up even more.
Based on what I'm seeing in my gym, no one else is coming close to taking the transformation challenge as seriously as me. I'm probably going to win it.

I go to Goodlife and they are running the Goodlife challenge at the moment. There are 2 options with this.

1. Testing strength/fitness and trying to improve on this. There are people constantly filming themselves at the gym which I assume is uploaded somewhere to verify lifts.
2. Body transformation challenge. I think this is a harder challenge it's training and diet based, where the first option is purely focused on training.

Seeing I was doing the Max's Challenge this year, the Goodlife Challenge started around the same time (2 weeks after), so I signed up to it as well knowing I was going to make a significant change to my body. By the time the Goodlife registrations opened, I had already lost about 3kg, but in photos I look about the same. In hindsight, I probably should have started the Max's Challenge at this weight to give myself a few extra weeks to lean up even more.
Based on what I'm seeing in my gym, no one else is coming close to taking the transformation challenge as seriously as me. I'm probably going to win it.

Great mind set, I've always wanted to do one of those challenges but Im always busy on some strength program trying improve my form and lifts when they are on T_T
The other day I was walking to get a drink then one of the pt grab me and forced me to join his deadlift comp i was like no way man i'll get destoryed i just started my dls so now i got peer pressured into dl which im going get destoryed for being the skinny dude at the gym ..