• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Only in your ignorant, ancient and theoretical world, simply typing what I experience, time after time, if you can read, than you will see the words "to me" sitting with hips low and knees high grinds them.
Do you really think you the only kunce on here with 20+ years doing this shit?

Lol, a little kranky are we?

like I wrote, think before you type.

You are making no sense

Got to squeeze at the top. Same with all isolation exercises IMO.

Also a big fan of doing individual legs and then both legs for that extra burn

Lol, a little kranky are we?

like I wrote, think before you type.

You are making no sense

yes, a bit cranky, been out all weekend, paying the price today and you gave me the shits even more so.
How could you say that I make no sense when my knees burn in one of the 2 machines in my gym?
they have different seat angles, guess which one hurts my knees.
get over your self proclaimed wise wizard of oz bb (see what I did there?) status, you're just another bare bum in the shower.

yes, a bit cranky, been out all weekend, paying the price today and you gave me the shits even more so.
How could you say that I make no sense when my knees burn in one of the 2 machines in my gym?
they have different seat angles, guess which one hurts my knees.
get over your self proclaimed wise wizard of oz bb (see what I did there?) status, you're just another bare bum in the shower.

Don't be a *****, I wrote that your comment makes no sense and I'm giving you the opportunity to make sense.

To give me a better understanding which two machines are you speaking of?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it can depend on the actual design and construction of the leg extension machine as well. Some just don't feel "right" to me and feels like they will actually do knee damage even if the weight is moderate. Pivot Points, angle of the seat etc...there is so may variations in different machines.
There was one at my local gym which I loved and could load up the weight and it would really pump the quads.

Don't be a *****, I wrote that your comment makes no sense and I'm giving you the opportunity to make sense.

To give me a better understanding which two machines are you speaking of?

Didint think I was being a ****, actually thought you were being a bit of a tool, well a massive tool at the time really, but i'm feeling much better today.
Since your highness, the prince of ausbb has graced my insolence with the opportunity to make some sense, here it is, to the best of my limited ability:

2 extension machines:

1. An old, worn, squeeky, lightly built, Natulis (i think), where you have to load plates, and nothing is adjustable the whole thing is fixed.

2. New, overengineered, heavily constructed, pin loaded with belts, adjustable pad possition and backrest, padded hand grips and generally extremely well finished solid machine. (hammerstrength i think)

machine 1, this shit box has a flat seat, with a well tilted backrest, you either fit in it or you dont as nothing is adjustable, and it fits me perfectly, can train in it all day, not a single tingle under the knee cap.

machine 2, shmick looking and smooth as, but has the seat tilted back, so it feels like i'm sitting in it, rather than on it, and the pad position is adjustable on apivot forward and back, not up and down (bit useless really) so it engages low down on the ankle not shin.
This fukka kills the knees, if machine 1 is being used, i adjust this kunce to the best positin I can and have to start really light and slow and hope for the best.
Reason for that is, cos my arse is sitting low, the knees are high, so too much load goes through them to extend, that's all I was trying to point out, an actuall experience on what I feel whan the seat is tilted too much for my liking.

So how do spit a comment like "think befor you type" out of your arse, oh wise prince?

Didint think I was being a ****, actually thought you were being a bit of a tool, well a massive tool at the time really, but i'm feeling much better today.
Since your highness, the prince of ausbb has graced my insolence with the opportunity to make some sense, here it is, to the best of my limited ability:

2 extension machines:

1. An old, worn, squeeky, lightly built, Natulis (i think), where you have to load plates, and nothing is adjustable the whole thing is fixed.

2. New, overengineered, heavily constructed, pin loaded with belts, adjustable pad possition and backrest, padded hand grips and generally extremely well finished solid machine. (hammerstrength i think)

machine 1, this shit box has a flat seat, with a well tilted backrest, you either fit in it or you dont as nothing is adjustable, and it fits me perfectly, can train in it all day, not a single tingle under the knee cap.

machine 2, shmick looking and smooth as, but has the seat tilted back, so it feels like i'm sitting in it, rather than on it, and the pad position is adjustable on apivot forward and back, not up and down (bit useless really) so it engages low down on the ankle not shin.
This fukka kills the knees, if machine 1 is being used, i adjust this kunce to the best positin I can and have to start really light and slow and hope for the best.
Reason for that is, cos my arse is sitting low, the knees are high, so too much load goes through them to extend, that's all I was trying to point out, an actuall experience on what I feel whan the seat is tilted too much for my liking.

So how do spit a comment like "think befor you type" out of your arse, oh wise prince?

Well done. Do you have spell check?

1. Nautilus didn't make a plate loaded leg extension
2. Machine 2 doesn't read like a Hammer strength.

The angle of the seat will make no difference, in fact the angle as opposed to flat is designed that way to make sure the hip has minimal movement throughout the exercise.

My guess is the axis is not in-line with the knee joint, if it is in-line then the movement, either the pad is too high or the machine is engineered poorly, should be around 4 inches above the ankle.

Last edited:
Well done.

1. Nautilus didn't make a plate loaded leg extension
2. Machine 2 doesn't read like a Hammer strength.

The angle of the seat will make no difference, in fact the angle as opposed to flat is designed that way to make sure the hip has minimal movement throughout the exercise.

My guess is the axis is not in-line with the knee joint.

I'll check the brands of the machines, and the axis tonigh, just to satify my own curiosity.

Oh and..

No spell check, cbf for this piece
and
well done for what?

I'm telling ya, its the angle of the dangle here, picture this, knee high, bent right in at alot more than 90, quad pulling the load across the knee (using it as pulley if you like), as the leg straightens and the angle becomes less than 90 the pressure and pain eases as does the load on the knee, hoping you can picture what i'm mumbling about here.
I'll still check tonight anway, it (and you) got me reved up about it.
And am more than happy to post that I missdiagnosed if thats the case.

I just want to hug and kiss you all.
[MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];

Every one......stand in a circle and start pulling the cock to your right.........great bonding exercise.

giphy.gif