• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone use Glutamine for gut and digestive health?

I'm healing from breaking down my muscles in the gym. So you're denying real world testing and results?

Cool, keep eating ice cream then. I wish you the best in terms of results.

Reminds me of this dude that was training in the same gym as me when I first come to Oz a few years back... Before I realised a lot of dudes around my area were on the gear.

He was pretty massive. I was drilling him on his routine and diet as it looked like he never really pushed himself.

His comeback was - I eat what I want to get big. I just eat ice-cream.

Probably did, but the hormones wouldn't have hurt your gains either bro!

I'm healing from breaking down my muscles in the gym. So you're denying real world testing and results?

Cool, keep eating ice cream then. I wish you the best in terms of results.

You're denying the research.

First you are trying to extrapolate results on surgery patients out to weight training. Lol

Then you ignore results on healthy people training saying that it does nothing. Lol.

Good luck with that.

If you didn't pick up on it the ice cream remark was sarcastic but drawing the same line as "I took glutamine and didn't get doms therefore glutamine helps recovery"

In saying that I'll put money on glutamine having similar benefit to ice cream for healthy people weight training.

What research?

I know you need to see the same post 4-5 times before it sinks in, so the below can be copied and pasted for as many laps are you want to do.

- I'm not extrapolating results. What I posted was one example/study showing that glutamine does have benefits in terms of healing/recovering. Do I really need to dig up every study ever conducted? If I find a study that shows glutamine helps recovering from running, do you need another study showing it helps in recovery from cycling?
- Where are the results showing it does nothing on healthy people?
- I did my own experiment where my exercise, diet and activity level was identical without taking glutamine and with. The results were clear and repeatable.

Last edited:
What research?

I know you need to see the same post 4-5 times before it sinks in, so the below can be copied and pasted for as many laps are you want to do.

- I'm not extrapolating results. What I posted was one example/study showing that glutamine does have benefits in terms of healing/recovering. Do I really need to dig up every study ever conducted? If I find a study that shows glutamine helps recovering from running, do you need another study showing it helps in recovery from cycling?
- Where are the results showing it does nothing on healthy people?
- I did my own experience where my exercise, diet and activity level was identical without taking glutamine and with. The results were clear and repeatable.

This is the problem debating scientific research with people that have no idea of any of the concepts.

You do realise one persons anecdote isn't research it isn't blinded or controlled research and is basically useless at identifying the effectiveness of something.

One piece of research you found doesn't mean anything. You have to look at the whole picture. You could have 100 papers say it does nothing and 1 say it works and the gullible bros will jump on the 1 paper.

Again you are trying to equate surgery with training.

But anyway keep wasting your time on pointless shit. Sup companies blow their stack over blokes like you.

Why do you keep ignoring that I tested it on myself and it works?

Non blinded, no placebo control, single person "study" . That proves nothing at all. That's why.

Like I said no different to someone saying ice cream helps recovery for them.

Do you do non-blinded, placebo controlled, multi-person studies every time you add something new to your diet? How do you know milk or eggs are working for you without conducting a study? Stupid question I know, but this is what it's come to.

So what do you recommend Dr Bazza. Stop taking something I clearly know is working because too many bros talk about it?

Lol.. on the topic of 'digestive health' [MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; recommends we all eat each others shit :D

I'll eat Gerrys.. I'm always picking up what he's laying down :cool: