• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Better than Coke? Choice warns new proposal may sugar-coat sports drinks

Lot of people don't spend their lives studying every product they consume, they have other things to do, like living their lives.

A large % of people have no idea how to read a nutritional label and if they do they don't know what is good and what is bad i.e is 50g of sugar bad? is 2g of protein good? etc - this stuff should be taught in school - personally I believe there should be a whole subject on Nutrition and Exercise from years 6-10 - BUT this will never happen - big companies do NOT WANT the consumer knowing what is in the product - as you said they want them lazy and stupid.....

Lol. What has it got to do with BIG COMPANIES. Any company big or small wants you to buy their shit. Infact the big companies like Maccas have the nutritional information in the shop up on the boards.

In the end who gives a fuck what others do. Let the fatties be fat. Most of them with all the education in the world will still be fat.

You obviously don't understand the influence big corporations have on everyday living and what we learn, what we are taught, how we are marketed too etc etc....

You obviously don't understand the influence big corporations have on everyday living and what we learn, what we are taught, how we are marketed too etc etc....

You are singling out big companies for the blame. Small companies can and do the exact same thing.

Lol. What has it got to do with BIG COMPANIES. Any company big or small wants you to buy their shit. Infact the big companies like Maccas have the nutritional information in the shop up on the boards.

In the end who gives a fuck what others do. Let the fatties be fat. Most of them with all the education in the world will still be fat.

I thought they were told to start putting nutritional info on the boards. I for one was very glad that they did, rather than having to pick up a leaflet to the side of the counter. Inb4 why would you bother calorie counting when eating @ maccas etc etc etc. When you're obese the behavior of going to maccas etc is the real issue rather than so much the food itself, something lost on many people who've never been fat.

I agree that how much nutritional info does a drink need; that said, it would be nice to see lower sugar in sports drinks if it's needed as a carrier for the electrolyte.

I thought they were told to start putting nutritional info on the boards. I for one was very glad that they did, rather than having to pick up a leaflet to the side of the counter. Inb4 why would you bother calorie counting when eating @ maccas etc etc etc. When you're obese the behavior of going to maccas etc is the real issue rather than so much the food itself, something lost on many people who've never been fat.

I agree that how much nutritional info does a drink need; that said, it would be nice to see lower sugar in sports drinks if it's needed as a carrier for the electrolyte.

People try and make out that Maccas or any of the big fast food joints are magically bad. It's just food, no worse than any other family owned fast food joint or any fatty food you make yourself. It's just the big chains are an easy target.

You can already get zero sugar sports drinks.

People try and make out that Maccas or any of the big fast food joints are magically bad. It's just food, no worse than any other family owned fast food joint or any fatty food you make yourself. It's just the big chains are an easy target.

You can already get zero sugar sports drinks.

I agree.

Yeah I had no idea how they are selling. I buy them.

It has potential, will secure it's own market share with time just like zero cola category did, has a strong market share now. Sugar free energy category is a fizza though.

yeah sugar free energy drinks unfortunately taste rather shite.

A lot of uneducated kunce think that artificial sweeteners are bad unfortunately.

Bazza: I know, I was under the impression that a bit of sugar was needed for the body to absorb the electrolytes properly

A lot of uneducated kunce think that artificial sweeteners are bad unfortunately

As much as I'd hate to talk down my soon upcoming bounus, if you look deep enough into high intensity sweetners you will find some very, very, very mild and minor side affects such as "anal leakage".

Hilarious how on first look it looks like they are suggesting Gatorade almost has the same amount of sugar as coke, then you realize the comparison is between a can of coke (375ml) and a bottle of Gatorade (600ml). Unfair and manipulative comparison.

Hilarious how on first look it looks like they are suggesting Gatorade almost has the same amount of sugar as coke, then you realize the comparison is between a can of coke (375ml) and a bottle of Gatorade (600ml). Unfair and manipulative comparison.

Thats the media for you and then you wonder why the general public have no idea what they are putting in their bodies....

Ingredients for sugar free gatorade: Water, sodium chloride, artificial flavoring, artificial sweetener. lol

will secure it's own market share with time just like zero cola category did

my hands up as a typical drinker of coke zero / pepsi max (usually the latter as its cheaper)

had a "normal" coke the other day, and wish that they could get the texture of coke zero the same (or not, because then I'd walk around with a permanent supply attached.. let future me deal with the cancer later)

my hands up as a typical drinker of coke zero / pepsi max (usually the latter as its cheaper)

had a "normal" coke the other day, and wish that they could get the texture of coke zero the same (or not, because then I'd walk around with a permanent supply attached.. let future me deal with the cancer later)

Not possible, the normal surf uses liquid natural sugar, less breakout (foaming / fizzing) ets why the texture seems to taste dense compared to non sugar products, they taste foamier and "thinner".
the sugar is what gives it it's mass, if that makes any sense.