• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

People you hate at the gym ?

Kents that moan/grunt loudly every rep (obviously to get attention). Also people who want to have a deep and meaningful chat between sets.
Just shut the fuck up and get on with it.

I'm pretty carefree of others in the gym, I don't mind a hearty laugh at idiots in the gym, but I will admit that I can't handle idiots who try and lift way too much weight then they can handle, with the spotter doing most the work, and a quarter range of motion. And then they feel smug and great about it, record it, put it on facebook, etc.

Yeah I'm pretty carefree as well. About the only time I'll think any different of anyone is when you get a local football meat head who doesn't know any better. Trying to curl 20kg each side a virtually using his whole body to do a half rep follow by a super set of equally shitty reps @ 9kg each side till failure, who then proceeds to try and do cable crossovers with half the stack for half reps that look like spasms. Other than that our gym is pretty fantastic.

I dont give a fuck who does 1/2 reps, too heavy, bad form, cocky about nothing or whether the spotter doest the lift, couldnt give 2 shits, got my own shit to focus on.
Only hate kunce that are in my way, like waiting for a station and the kunce are taking heir time, talking or plying on thier phone instead of finishing their shit and getting the fuck out of my way.

As soon as I get in the camp gym, doesn't matter how many people are there, the squat rack magically becomes free...muhahaha [emoji41]

Yeah I train at home on days off, and in the camp gym while away at work...it's a bit shit but does the job.

I dont give a fuck who does 1/2 reps, too heavy, bad form, cocky about nothing or whether the spotter doest the lift, couldnt give 2 shits, got my own shit to focus on.
Only hate kunce that are in my way, like waiting for a station and the kunce are taking heir time, talking or plying on thier phone instead of finishing their shit and getting the fuck out of my way.

Exactly this, could care less about anyone or what anyone else in the gym is doing correctly or incorrectly unless it directly effects me and my workouts, sure hot chicks Ill pay extra attention too and have a laugh at other doing wrong shit, but couldn't care less about it....just gives something to looks at between sets....

I'm with you here... Less (people) is better.

I'll often ask if anyone wants to work in with me if they are politely enquiring about how much time I've left on a piece of equipment of an area.

It's not entirely practical on leg press for example when most guys are only pressing like 120kgs ;)
@taurus ; sounds like you're onto a winner m8. If I had my own place and some extra coin I would seriously look at a home set-up looking at the results that you and BVG are getting out of it.

): i actually leg press 120 lol

btw how do you guys feel about someone asking to work in with you? My gym is packed and it only has 1 machine for each exercise.

@op I dont hate anyone but irritated by people who smell really bad, they walk past and hits you. just use some spray or shower plz

Last edited:
btw how do you guys feel about someone asking to work in with you? My gym is packed and it only has 1 machine for each exercise.

Not really practical on plate loaded machines like leg press unless they're working at or around the same weight, but doesn't bother me on pin loaded machines as long as people have the courtesy to put shit back at the position and weight when they've finished (or at least try), as I would for them, and they don't leave a pool of sweat on there.

Last edited: