• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

See abs at what body fat %

It's good to be able to make some visual comparisons right here. That multi point test was giving me the power shits - I think I need a new calliper after I shotputted it straight to the floor.

Having seen @KungFooGoo ; semi naked and comparing it to my own semi nakedness I believe our physiques are similar in quite a lot of ways. And damn, here I am thinking I was 21%!

I take comfort in knowing I belong in the sub 20% class now, so imma rewarding myself with a cheat steak dinner right away.

I've got some progress photos in my training diary. Here's a dump of some of the info for comparison.

------------------------Week 0 (14/07/2014) ---- Week 4 (21/08/2014) --- Week 8 (18/09/2014)
Weight --------------- 82.3kg ------------------- 77.9kg ------------------ 75.2kg
Body Fat --------------20% --------------------- 17% -------------------- 13%

I didn't take body fat measurements on the exact day of the photos, but within a few days. So I'm kind of rounding the body fat percentage to the nearest whole number.

front_1411093600-8264.jpg

back_1411093607-1598.jpg

right_1411093613-5109.jpg

Last edited:
Kfg will have to pull a snake politician move and change his bf% after checking out his last results. Kfg is 18.3% according to his last 12 spot caliper test.

Never do any direct work which is probably why my core strength is similar to that of a caterpillar assuming they have a weak core. It was good enough for a 200 deadlift (shameless cock stroking on my part) so it can be suffering too much from doing nothing.

[MENTION=15762]El Testicle[/MENTION] ; has the same photos, but he's holding a number :confused:

Thanks. That was a result of 5 months of bulking. The goal was to put on as much weight as possible (I put on 10kg). Not doing that again lol. I think I'll now stay lean and try to build muscle slowly while on a maintenance plan.

I've got some progress photos in my training diary. Here's a dump of some of the info for comparison.

------------------------Week 0 (14/07/2014) ---- Week 4 (21/08/2014) --- Week 8 (18/09/2014)
Weight --------------- 82.3kg ------------------- 77.9kg ------------------ 75.2kg
Body Fat --------------20% --------------------- 17% -------------------- 13%

I didn't take body fat measurements on the exact day of the photos, but within a few days. So I'm kind of rounding the body fat percentage to the nearest whole number.

front_1411093600-8264.jpg

back_1411093607-1598.jpg

right_1411093613-5109.jpg

I never would of guessed you were 13% body fat by looking at that last photo. Are you sure? I would of thought you'd have more definition in your arms and shoulders and back too. Go get a dexa scan and get a more accurate reading.

I never would of guessed you were 13% body fat by looking at that last photo. Are you sure? I would of thought you'd have more definition in your arms and shoulders and back too. Go get a dexa scan and get a more accurate reading.
I would say he is pretty close to that... IMO

It's just a number at the end of the day mate.. you know its about inches and the mirror.

Looking good mate. Main thing is your happy with your progress.

Wouldn't mind being leaner. But it's a fine line between that and the enjoyment of food too haha.

I'm down to 88kg from 101kg since the 90 day challenge earlier in the year. Doing well I think.

Is that why you're always flopping it out in front of those funny mirrors that make you look taller?

You're a fkn genius, can't believe I haven't thought of that, one of them mirrors and a camera, and boom mofos

If you want more girth, just go to the ones that make you look fat. Chicks love a good bit of girth ;)

86kg approx 13%
20140401_065408.jpg

83kg 8% per dexa
Screenshot_2014-07-03-12-06-18.jpg

78kg 6.3% per dexa (plus some tanning and lighting haha)
most%2Bmuscular.jpg

That is what I mean by seeing some abs and having very visible abs I guess. Posture also makes a difference and obviously flexed or unflexed. For me around 10% I can see them pretty easily.
I heard a saying the other day, "if your abs are showing, you ain't growing" Good for the bulkers mentality (and former fat boy syndrome) haha

It's the shitty lighting in my place. I've tried taking photos in other spots, but it never shows definition.

Thanks for others posting comparison photos. It's give me a good idea where I'm at.

This was last night. 2 and a bit weeks to go. Looking really flat in the gym at the moment. Can't wait to increase carbs.

20141002_185113_1412295210-9248.jpg

I posted some more progress photos in my training diary.

Here's the link so I don't spam this thread.
Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding

Last edited:
Awesome progress pics guys! It's certainly a standard that the rest of the usual 'dieters' and gym rats can only wish for (before they start actually working hard to achieve their goals - if they so choose).