• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

See abs at what body fat %

hugoti

Guys,
Finally broken the 16% BF now at 15.9%. Question is for a male at what % BF will you start seeing your abs because I still can't see mine.

Cheers

Don't sweat it m8.

Ab's are over-rated :cool: .. Unless you're [MENTION=11621]taurus[/MENTION]; then, they're just divine...

tumblr_mdt83e3eVC1rlpjolo1_250.gif

Lol are you sure it's at 15.9%? How did you get the measurement done. Most people should at least start seeing an outline of their abs once they get below 20%. If not then either you have very high water retention or very weak core.

I would say depending on your core muscles, you could start to see hints of them around 14%. By 12% you should able to see them when flexing and by 10% they should be pretty obvious.

Yeah at 15% I wouldn't expect to see them, at 10% I would think they should be showing most of time, maybe around 12% the top couple will start appearing.

this is all speculation as I have never seen mine....:(

Im around 16.something % and you can see my 'abs'. It depends on how / where you hold your fat. I think people under estimate how much bodyfat they carry. 10% bodyfat is so fucking low.

Agreed. I wouldn't WANT to be 10%.

(Personally) I am stronger with a little padding and just feel better. But perhaps that's coz my diet isn't so strict.

Purely my bro-science here.

I should be pretty close to 10% by the end of the weekend. I'm hoping to get down to 8-7% in the next 2 and a half weeks. Then I'll try to maintain 10%.

My weight has gone up and down a lot within the last 12 months. I got down to about 9% a year ago and thought I looked like a weakling. So I went on a bulking cycle and got back to 20%. Even though I got stronger and didn't have to watch my diet as much, I did enjoy a lower body fat percentage. It's far more motivating looking like someone who trains and seeing your progress, opposed to waiting until a shredding cycle to see any progress.

I should be pretty close to 10% by the end of the weekend. I'm hoping to get down to 8-7% in the next 2 and a half weeks. Then I'll try to maintain 10%.

My weight has gone up and down a lot within the last 12 months. I got down to about 9% a year ago and thought I looked like a weakling. So I went on a bulking cycle and got back to 20%. Even though I got stronger and didn't have to watch my diet as much, I did enjoy a lower body fat percentage. It's far more motivating looking like someone who trains and seeing your progress, opposed to waiting until a shredding cycle to see any progress.

How are you measuring this?..... Unless im thinking of another forum member there is no way your going to be 7% in 2.5 weeks.

I'd only rely on a dexa to measure under 10%. Calipers only ever get you in the ballpark IMO. I'd rely more on what I see in the mirror than what caliper results give.
BIG difference between 10 and 7%!

If youre 10% ill dedicate in my hands and rub it on my face in the middle of a shopping centre. Unless the photos you put up are a year old you're not 10% body fat....

People under estimate their bf soo much...

I'd only rely on a dexa to measure under 10%. Calipers only ever get you in the ballpark IMO. I'd rely more on what I see in the mirror than what caliper results give.
BIG difference between 10 and 7%!

Agreed. The results in the mirror is ultimately what matters. Calipers is the only way of testing at the moment, but at least it lets me know things are progressing. I dropped from 18.2% to 12.7% in 6 weeks. As long as I keep everything steady, based on my calculations I should reach 7% with another 6 weeks. It's only calculations and skin fold tests, but it's something to aim for. I know I'm being optimistic, but I'm going to be happy as long as I'm in single figures.

This was 2 weeks ago at 13%.

20140919_084243_1411095544-2591.jpg

Last edited:
If youre 10% ill dedicate in my hands and rub it on my face in the middle of a shopping centre. Unless the photos you put up are a year old you're not 10% body fat....

I'm estimating I'll be at 10% by the end of the weekend. Still got lots of cardio and hiking to do between now and then. I'll put up a photo on Monday.

Whats the technique for measuring fat with callipers? I am in the mood for pinching myself and doing some maths.