• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best Brisbane CBD Gyms

T

Trana

Hi guys,

I hit the gym in my lunch breaks, currently going to the Southbank Tafe Gym which I am happy with, but my work is relocating to Queen Street in Brisbane CBD, so time to change gyms!

My criteria's are:
* number of squat racks
* number of power racks
* number of bench racks
* how busy it is around 12-3 PM on week days
* space for deadlifting
* no stupid policies about noise (when for example deadlifting)
* CBD based

I love to go to PTC, StrengthSports or Iron Underground, but time does not permit, so I am only curious about CBD gym, any recommendations for someone training with a power lifting focus?

Thanks!

Okay? So you are telling me I've come to the wrong place. This is not a friendly user forum where actual polite information exchange takes place?

just bloody trolls with no life fapping away to each-others immature comments?

Okay? So you are telling me I've come to the wrong place. This is not a friendly user forum where actual polite information exchange takes place?

just bloody trolls with no life fapping away to each-others immature comments?

Pretty much Tara.. Thanks for stopping by xx

vfQE2ZX.gif

Health stream at qut was by far the best kitted out when I looked, was just too far from my office on lunch. Racks, bench presses, platforms and bumpers, cross rigs, lap pool indoors, huge floor space

Hi guys,

I hit the gym in my lunch breaks, currently going to the Southbank Tafe Gym which I am happy with, but my work is relocating to Queen Street in Brisbane CBD, so time to change gyms!

My criteria's are:
* number of squat racks
* number of power racks
* number of bench racks
* how busy it is around 12-3 PM on week days
* space for deadlifting
* no stupid policies about noise (when for example deadlifting)
* CBD based

I love to go to PTC, StrengthSports or Iron Underground, but time does not permit, so I am only curious about CBD gym, any recommendations for someone training with a power lifting focus?

Thanks!

Im not sure if you will find one in the city that will meet your needs? Fitness First on Adelaide St maybe?

Thanks parfittron, but that's to far for me as well.

I sent an email to some CBD ones and as so far fitness first Adelaide street does indeed look the most interesting so thanks for your tip stonelifter. I'll probably do some free trials as a few but Adelaide street fitness first looks really good. Lots of racks and the manager even said it's ok to drop weights. Happy days

Just be prepared for the butt penetration that is a ff platinum membership payment... I did a trial there,it's the curl bros biggest hang spot in all of Brisbane. Couldn't deal with all the wankers

As long as they don't curl in the squat rack I really don't give a shit about people at the gym. Ain't nobody got time for that