• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ausbb Ausbb 90 Day Transformation Challenge #2

I lost nearly 20kg in last few months waist down from 44 to 40 but think I can fit into 38s the 40s are loose.

next 90d challenge I will enter :) atm stomach pretty messed up will post results if it gets better 3-4 months.

Last edited:
Started to count the calories i eat now, i aim to consume under 1800 a day, moving to 1500 as i go on

You're a big guy, I reckon 1800 is not enough and you'll end up sick, bingey or disappointed.

You need to be eating enough to support your training but with a reasonable deficit to support sustainable weight loss.

Listing all your food intake is a good idea but I would rather see what you're eating now, rather than your target calories, at least for a couple of weeks then make an informed decision where to be with a diet target.

(with the help of random internet nobodies and some smart people, the future will decide what category I belong to but there are always more of the former than the latter, lol)

Think about how many years it took to get to your current shape and remember its a marathon, not a sprint to get to where you want to be, id rather see you use the 90 days to get your training in order instead of crash dieting.

Last edited:
I agree, I think that's far too low for your body weight/size. I've seen people reduce their calories too much and their weight loss stops as their body goes into starvation mode. You still need to eat to lose weight. A good indicator is your scales. Aim for about 1kg a week. If you're losing more than that, bump your calories up a bit.

And with weight loss, you need to leave room for progression. 5 weeks of losing 1kg a week is a lot in a short period of time. At the end of 4-5 weeks, recalculate your calories and then you can drop them back a bit more.