• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bulk nutrients, choc WPC

onslaught

Hey all,

Figured I'd post up my thoughts on the Bulk Nutrients Choc WPC sample i received.

Im really not a supplement connoisseur so i apologise in advance if its not as descriptive or informative as some of the other reviews.

Postage/customer service: First sample disappeared in the post. Second was shipped and received within a week, cant complain about the customer service i received from BN and my emails were answered pretty promptly.

Smell:

It smelled chocolatey but also had a strange odour to it, not sure whether it was packaging related or perhaps the sweetener, dont know but it was there.

Ease of mixing:

I mixed it with 300ml of low fat milk in the cheapest and nastiest shaker i could buy, product mixed completely after around 20 seconds of "medium" shakingness and I let it sit for a minute to check for sediment.

Taste:

Ill preface this by saying I dont generally eat a lot of sweet foods so it may differ for others but the sweetener used for this flavour was a little too strong and tasted strange to me, which i didnt find terribly pleasant, nor did my wife who tasted it also.

The chocolate flavour could be stronger to offset the sweetness or I couldve possibly used more milk to reduce the effects of the sweetener but its definitely something id experiment with if i had a decent quantity of the choc.

The chocolate flavour was ok.

Since i usually blend with other stuff anyway (oats/bananas etc) im sure i can live with the sweetener by finding the right additions to my blend.

I also dont drink much flavoured milk (iced coffees/Big M/FUIC etc) because i find them generally too sweet also, I mention that as a comparative thing just to give some idea of my thoughts on sweetened milk.

Overall opinion:

I thought it was pretty good and despite my whinging about the sweetness I found it to be a quality product that i will most likely purchase.

I buy this product and mix it with Almond Milk instead of water or dairy milk.
But yes it is sweeter in flavour but doesnt turn me off.
Strawberry is just as good.
Dont waste your time with Pina Colada!

Anyone ever get stomach issues with WPC? - This is the only protein/dairy product etc that I just cant stomach - cramps, bloating etc

Yeah, the wpc doesn't sit well in my belly. Doesn't make me sick or anything, just feel 'icky' and bloated.

I think it could be sweeter, everyone has different taste.

Never had any issues from consuming it. Only just started taking protein powder again yesterday, to clean out my supplement cupboard, have not had a shake for months prior to yesterday.

Having two per day at the moment, one mid arvo and one before bed with water only.