• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Fitted 33" M/T's to mine instead of standard tires best thing I ever did to my 4x4, increased it's ability no end, LED light bar was another great addition for night driving.

Only have a mild 2" lift, never been bogged or stuck yet, but I don't go crazy or do comps, just have fun. I have a winch sitting in the garage waiting for fitting up, mainly a just in case, have never needed one yet, but could come in handy when stuck somewhere far away from mobile service.

I do wonder if the winch will be completely neccesary, maybe a hand winch would be fine.... meh.

Need to get a hold of some prices for some ATs and some Sunraysias

The thing with a winch is its like insurance, and it also gives you that extra confidence to tackle some of those tracks you look down and think better of it, I don't have a winch and reckon I have missed out on a heap of good trails I could given a crack if I had a winch fitted...

if you buy a hand winch you'll never want to use it. there farking hard work. no one has mentioned needing the basics first number 1 is a smart brain then first aid kit recovery gear an air compressor tyre repair kit basic tool kit and a few spares as a minimum when heading off the beaten track. also the knowledge on how to use it all

Everything 4x4 & Camping

only thing i would say id a decent set of tyres is must for offroad, H/Ts are just not going to cut it, so min would be a decent AT pattern or muddies if ita going to be quite wet.

This but I wouldn't even bother with ATs. I don't really do much off roading. Mostly just drive the ute around the farm and any ATs I tried were as good as useless. I only use muds now.

This but I wouldn't even bother with ATs. I don't really do much off roading. Mostly just drive the ute around the farm and any ATs I tried were as good as useless. I only use muds now.
yeah muds all the way for me as well, but does depend on the driving you are doing, eg sand driving you would be better off with ATs or even HTs

Well i guess i could get some M/T's and chuck them on before i do go 'camping', keep the H/T's on the stock rims, put the M/T's on some black Sunraysias.

Would be interested in lashing out to get some pretty good M/Ts too so they last a decent length of time.

Looking forward to one day building my own tray to replace the tub, then building that up to integrate a number of things on it (fold out BBQ, awning, slide out pantry/washing up station/fridge) etc

Ive got a tub on the colorado. It came with the alloy sports bar and flat top lid. We upgraded to the canopy and havent looked back! No drawers just a liner but fits the fridge and swag.

Ya know what MT tyre would be good? Should i buy it locally or overseas? How much would i be up for for 5 x 245 x 16" tyres?

All depends on your budget for M/Ts I was running the old pattern BFG M'/Ts and found them to last really well and were good both on and off rd, now I am running Maxxis bighorns as they were cheap, not a bad tyre but they do seem to be wearing quite quickly, Goodyear Wrangler MTRs as suppose to be quite good as well.

Practising my coal cooking. Got it down to 8 firelighters and 1/3 of a bag of coal.

ee62dd19e9210b3b0740819a602592a2.jpg

Ya know what MT tyre would be good? Should i buy it locally or overseas? How much would i be up for for 5 x 245 x 16" tyres?

In bought a set of Summit Mud Hog Extreme, picked them up at the Gold Coast, decent price, look aggressive and best of all seem to work well, will be sticking with them.

They came in various sizes to fit most vehicles.