• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How old are they Neddy? When i was 10 (had two brothers, one 12 and one 8) we had a big driving holiday from Tassie to Ayers Rock and back, took a month. Loved it.
almost 5 and 13 mths, so still a little young, but certainly in a few years will be doing it and also planning on going around Aus for about 4mths when they are older, but want them to wnjoy it nd be able to remember it....

as for a solar setup you cant beat ebay, i got a 160w panel for $250 or there bout and works awesome, check out the first page of this thread for the seller, cantt link s i am on a tablet....

Jaycar are expensive but handy if a problem arises with a product.
Ebay all the way.
A small can inverter is the way to go for a tablet. Plugs into the cars 12v system and will run other small appliances also.
I run one in the back of the colorado.

almost 5 and 13 mths, so still a little young, but certainly in a few years will be doing it and also planning on going around Aus for about 4mths when they are older, but want them to wnjoy it nd be able to remember it....

as for a solar setup you cant beat ebay, i got a 160w panel for $250 or there bout and works awesome, check out the first page of this thread for the seller, cantt link s i am on a tablet....
Have you ever tested the amps yourself on this panel?

Have you ever tested the amps yourself on this panel?
no i have been meaning to, a mate has an inline monitor, just have to get it off him, but i quite easily charged a 130Ah battery the other day from 9.2v upto 12.7 in under 6hrs

Yeah a 150 watt panel would be great, I think I would use it to charge a battery during the day to run a fridge and lights at night. Maybe bolt a mount for it on the roof racks to run it while on the move or something (flat of course)

Yeah a 150 watt panel would be great, I think I would use it to charge a battery during the day to run a fridge and lights at night. Maybe bolt a mount for it on the roof racks to run it while on the move or something (flat of course)
if you are going to be running a fridge etc id seriously be thinking about running a dual battery setup for the car nd just having a solar panel out for when stationary camping, i run a dual bttery in the ute and upgraded the alternator to and a80Amp job works great, but i also have my 160w panel for when camping.

I need to line up a bull bar, steel side steps, suspension, wheels, tyres, fridge, awning, and a swag and I should have the minimum needed..

Drawers arent an essential and I only ever had a locker for comp!
Ive never even used my winch.

Where are you planning on going [MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION];?

Last edited:
Nah kaz.. I was going to but we are building a new facility at work I have to work on :(

And lol I do have the 4wd, a 2013 Triton dual cab. With a rear locker.

So I will then need a front locker, radios which I am installing in Tassie, a flat tray instead of the tub, some drawers and eventually a fold out bbq.

Edit: got a winch waiting for me in Tassie

Last edited:
and bending them is even more fun. [MENTION=8606]Neddysmith[/MENTION] if you ever want to go for a bit of a wheel in strathbogie hit me up i'm up there all the time.
I done the pajero challenge this year and came 12th out of 34 cars. having never done that before was stoked with the result

and headley don't worry about all the mods at once just get out there a stock 4x4 will get you to most places. learn to 4wd properly and pick lines and you'll be surprised where you can get it

^^ this.
If the line dont work pick another.
In comp I only ever had a Rockcrawler S4 transfer case. No lockers. Just practice.

only thing i would say id a decent set of tyres is must for offroad, H/Ts are just not going to cut it, so min would be a decent AT pattern or muddies if ita going to be quite wet.

and bending them is even more fun. @Neddysmith if you ever want to go for a bit of a wheel in strathbogie hit me up i'm up there all the time.
I done the pajero challenge this year and came 12th out of 34 cars. having never done that before was stoked with the result
Thanks mate, we might have to look into that and going out for a trip.