• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

reasons why people dont compete

didn't see the point in competing unless I was going to be somewhere near competitive in my weight class. I'll probably start soon, mainly to support the local PA club, and to give my beard some legitimacy.

I agree - bench is a totally different ballgame when it has to touch the chest and stop completely.

i actually met Joel for the first time at the last meet and hes a good dude and has a lot of knowledge and experience..u cant beat training next to Aussie reps,id get in there and start training with them asap,im glad to hear that you are going to take the plunge mate.all the best!dont worry about being competitive,we all get beaten by somebody...compete vs yourself.

Last edited:
lol crikey, where did that come from?

In my response to the OP, I dream of being good enough to compete - probably in the geriatric group though so I'm not up against roided up teens and actually stand a chance. Haha, to be honest I don't even know where to start if I want to enter in a 'comp'. There are so many feds, groups, meets, I really got to sit down and study it over a weekend cup of green peppermint chai tea one day.

[MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION];

Go hard bro.. I come and cheer you on at the meet!

Cheers bro! I reckon you might even have a year or two on me, we can run some geriatric cycles and dominate the Zimmer frame OHP go tren on the young whippersnappers and smash some old fanny! [emoji106]

would be interesting to compare how much the Capo and GPC novice lifters lift compared to a novice PA meet.I dare say without trying to bring juice into the equation,there would be a substantial difference..im not entirely sure.

would be very difficult to win a Capo or a GPC meet? im guessing the squats with no walkout and wraps would be much higher numbers.

Last edited:
stupid question time...say i squat 200 raw..would wrapping my knees and not having to walk it out give me a 250 squat or is that being silly?

stupid question time...say i squat 200 raw..would wrapping my knees and not having to walk it out give me a 250 squat or is that being silly?

Fuck I hope so!! Lol
I trained with wraps a few weeks ago and easily matched my raw PB. After some hard work sets. So I'd say yes!!

Lol [MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; im thinking Bad Grandpa in the gym...

Lost my shit on old fanny! Haha..

For ferks sake, if you have not stepped on stage or a platform, get yer chit together and sign up. Does wonders for your mental focus to have a comp on the horizon.

Totally agree!

I'd add,

too injured to compete in a 3 lift

rather not actually compete where lifts are judged on certain standards. Gym PB's are 200 squat (1/4), 150 bench (with spotter curling half of it) and 250 hitched deadlift from blocks with straps. :p

.9 Cant afford the anabolics to compete at an elite level

CSP0dUD.png

i actually met Joel for the first time at the last meet and hes a good dude and has a lot of knowledge and experience..u cant beat training next to Aussie reps,id get in there and start training with them asap,im glad to hear that you are going to take the plunge mate.all the best!dont worry about being competitive,we all get beaten by somebody...compete vs yourself.

Yeah i do train with them 2 days out of 4, good guys and much better place to train in, would be nice if there were a few more people who were willing to commit to it though! Will wait for the next local comp to have a go, but they have one in Swan Hill soon.

So if you cant win you wont compete.

This train of thought I have never understood.
There will always be someone leaner. There will always be some stronger. Its a silly mentality. Sure we all want to win...I get that.

Novice lifters in 3 big feds would yield similar numbers. ;)
Not everyone is on the gear in capo and gpc. Sure its very clear that alot of them are, especially the top guys. But there are a tonne who are not on stuff.

I see ppwerlifting as an individual sport. Its about beating your best from last time for me. Every comp ive completed I have totalled more each time. And ill do it again in a month or so. For me, that is winning.

If you are that concerned about being monstered, stick to novice level comps. There is no shame in that. In fact they are just as much fun as sanctioned stuff.