• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mackie

Fridge Kunce
So similar to the UFC Discussions thread I thought i'd get a Boxing discussion thread started for anyone who is interested to discuss all things boxing. After having a quick search i found a few boxing related threads, rather than start another specific one i thought i might just start a discussion thread to discuss anything and everything...

I guess the biggest news today in the world of boxing is Floyd Mayweather moves to 47-0 after beating Maidana again in their rematch.

Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Results: Winner, Recap and Rematch Prize Money Split | Bleacher Report

Money Mayweather is a fucking legend. Money is the real deal though.

Cünt lives a hell of a lifestyle too.

boxing discussion thread aye, let's discuss Australian boxing...............

Well there's no question about this win really. From the first fight to this recent one, Maidana didn't had a serious chance of hurting Floyd. I'm still waiting for Floyd to pull the trigger for a fight with the aging Pacquiao. He has the advantage now as I think Pacquiao has gotten slower with less power.

Mayweather v Maidana 2 was a bit of a joke. Even though I covered it, I have a hard time remembering another fight I was less interested in. Everyone I know had the same opinion as me and called the exact result (bar the biting controversy) well in advance.

There is a reason why Mayweather gave him the rematch. He knew it was an easy fight with such a short turn around compared to his usual routine. I know he won easily, but Floyd still looked his age this time.

Look at the market right now and you know there are 3 (possible 5) fighters who would have made a more entertaining fight.

Before I continue, let me get this out there - Mayweather is amazing. It's not just the number of wins without a loss, it's the quality of the fighters he beat. I understand there are questions around the timing of the fights and the weights they were set at, but let's face it, the true champions rise above that. Look at the Hearns and Haggler days or better still, look at the 60s-80s heavyweights. You had blokes who were really middleweights, stepping up with bigger, stronger men and still beating them.

Now back to the options. If anyone deserves a rematch, it was Cotto not Maidana.

Cotto pushed Floyd last time and has improved significantly since then. Look at the way he decimated Martinez. I understand Martinez had the knee issues, but I still thought he was going to win that fight (before it started obviously).

Pacquiao is obviously the big one. But for me that should have happened 5 years ago. Before Mayweather v Maidana 2, I would have said Floyd wins easy. Pacquiao has declined significantly in recent years, probably from the epic battles with Marquez. As noted above though, this most recent Floyd fight makes me think he has declined enough for this to possibly be competitive again.

Amir Khan is the last of the definite 3. I'm still not sold on Khan personally, but he is quicker and more of a pedigree fighter than Maidana. Questions exist around his chin, but it's starting to look like joining Virgil Hunter will be really beneficial considering how Virgil has worked with Andre Ward.

I did mentioned there were 2 possible other fighters. These would be Garcia and Marquez.

I have to contradict myself here and say I don't think Garcia would be an entertaining fight right now, but a lot of people are calling for him so I thought I'd mention him.
Do I love Garcia? Yes, I think he's a character and his dad is also fantastic. Any fighter that declares they want to make enough from boxing to open their own barber shop is great in my books haha.
Do I think he would be a chance against Mayweather? No. I believe he threw a chancer against Khan which was lucky to land. If it didn't, Khan would have won. I think he would look like Ortiz against Mayweather at this stage of his career. He's better off developing more as a fighter and making a name for himself in 4-5 years as one of the best for that time. But if it happened I would watch.

Marquez has beaten Pacquiao (arguably 3 times). He lost to Mayweather but under suspect circumstances (reference my comments above regarding weights and timings). If they fought at Marquez's natural weight, it would be more of a contest, however I think at this stage in their careers Floyd would win again. In saying this, Marquez would make for a more explosive fight and be able to counter better than all of Floyd's previous opponents.

Mayweather v Maidana 2 was a bit of a joke. Even though I covered it, I have a hard time remembering another fight I was less interested in. Everyone I know had the same opinion as me and called the exact result (bar the biting controversy) well in advance.

There is a reason why Mayweather gave him the rematch. He knew it was an easy fight with such a short turn around compared to his usual routine. I know he won easily, but Floyd still looked his age this time.

Look at the market right now and you know there are 3 (possible 5) fighters who would have made a more entertaining fight.

Before I continue, let me get this out there - Mayweather is amazing. It's not just the number of wins without a loss, it's the quality of the fighters he beat. I understand there are questions around the timing of the fights and the weights they were set at, but let's face it, the true champions rise above that. Look at the Hearns and Haggler days or better still, look at the 60s-80s heavyweights. You had blokes who were really middleweights, stepping up with bigger, stronger men and still beating them.

Now back to the options. If anyone deserves a rematch, it was Cotto not Maidana.

Cotto pushed Floyd last time and has improved significantly since then. Look at the way he decimated Martinez. I understand Martinez had the knee issues, but I still thought he was going to win that fight (before it started obviously).

Pacquiao is obviously the big one. But for me that should have happened 5 years ago. Before Mayweather v Maidana 2, I would have said Floyd wins easy. Pacquiao has declined significantly in recent years, probably from the epic battles with Marquez. As noted above though, this most recent Floyd fight makes me think he has declined enough for this to possibly be competitive again.

Amir Khan is the last of the definite 3. I'm still not sold on Khan personally, but he is quicker and more of a pedigree fighter than Maidana. Questions exist around his chin, but it's starting to look like joining Virgil Hunter will be really beneficial considering how Virgil has worked with Andre Ward.

I did mentioned there were 2 possible other fighters. These would be Garcia and Marquez.

I have to contradict myself here and say I don't think Garcia would be an entertaining fight right now, but a lot of people are calling for him so I thought I'd mention him.
Do I love Garcia? Yes, I think he's a character and his dad is also fantastic. Any fighter that declares they want to make enough from boxing to open their own barber shop is great in my books haha.
Do I think he would be a chance against Mayweather? No. I believe he threw a chancer against Khan which was lucky to land. If it didn't, Khan would have won. I think he would look like Ortiz against Mayweather at this stage of his career. He's better off developing more as a fighter and making a name for himself in 4-5 years as one of the best for that time. But if it happened I would watch.

Marquez has beaten Pacquiao (arguably 3 times). He lost to Mayweather but under suspect circumstances (reference my comments above regarding weights and timings). If they fought at Marquez's natural weight, it would be more of a contest, however I think at this stage in their careers Floyd would win again. In saying this, Marquez would make for a more explosive fight and be able to counter better than all of Floyd's previous opponents.

the ref gave mayweather the fight,,every time they went into a slight clinch or maidana pushed mayweather even near the ropes the ref split em and took it back to the middle where gayweather had the advantage,,complete bullshit!!

lol, is Kramer1 Freddy Roach?

There was a reason for using Bayless in the second fight. He doesn't like the clinch. But I still don't think Maidana had enough to beat Mayweather.

I'm yet to see anything really amazing from Khan that tells me he will beat Mayweather and I definitely don't think fight alexander is the way to prove it either.

5 years ago I would have said Pac for sure, for the last 3 years and up until the Maidana fights I would have said Mayweather for sure. Right now though I think it's a bit more even as they are both slower and weaker. It's a pity it didn't happen in their prime.

Meanwhile Chaves and Bradley is going to be a great fight and on the Khan Alexander undercard we have Abner Mares fighting - depending on his opponent that could be a screamer too.

2 days earlier there is also a fight in California with Trout and Tarver fighting (not each other) on the same bill.

Solid end to the year in boxing.

Thoughts on the last week of boxing?

Mine are:

1) I hate Cave's style but he was clowning Escandon and got robbed.
2) Bradley stepped up again and is showing he's worth the TV time. An entertaining fighter who was also robbed.
3) Tarver still has something left, but I'm not sure it's worth watching and will get him a credible belt.
4) Khan still needs to show me more. Alexander hasn't beaten anyone of note, he's more of a yard stick. Khan although he was dominating Garcia, got knocked out, previous to that he controversially lost to Peterson BUT at the time IMO, khan was maxed while Lamont had more to show and even made a couple of errors he could fix. Lastly, Khan was knocked out earlier in his professional career as well by Prescott. Khan's most noteable win is Zab Judah and although I have a softspot for Zab, he never really reached his potential and was spent by the time he fought Khan. I'm not saying he doesn't have the potential, we all saw his speed, but I just need to see more than an exhibition bout against a would-have-been. Like everyone else right now, they get one win and seek the payday calling out Floyd.

Caught the replay of Mundine vs Rabchenko fight on Main Event over the weekend.

Thinking about what's next for him now, he's probably never going to get a shot at mayweather. Maybe Alvarez or Cotto but I think Mick Gatto has his sights set a bit high if he is trying to get mayweather out here to fight Mundine and sell out the MCG.

I heard mundine has been ordered to give ukranian a rematch as two judges were from Melbourne.

I watched it and thought it was a close fight.

Yeah I noticed that also. 2 Aussie judges gave choc the nod. The one international judge gave it to Rabchenko..

Can’t believe Horne has lowered himself to take on Mundine.

He’s taking on a chump.
He will not enhance his reputation yet winning.
He’s lowered it win, lose or draw.

f3e4ecb4573c2fcca35a628483fc8f3f.jpg