• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Welcome to the gun show! Want to know how the best biceps in the history of lifting were developed? Look no further! This feature contains 35 amazing biceps along with workouts.

[h=3]Arnold Schwarzenegger[/h]
arnold-schwarzenegger-biceps_0.jpg
“When I was 15-years-old, I took off my clothes and looked in the mirror. When I stared at myself naked, I realized that to be perfectly proportioned I would need twenty-inch arms to match the rest of me.” - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls66-10
Seated Dumbbell Curls66-10
Concentration Curls66-10
[h=3]Joel Stubbs[/h]
joel-stubbs-biceps.jpg
"if you wanted to pick one biceps exercise no bodybuilder can do without, I’d say it’s the standing barbell curl. It’s all about increasing weight with proper form and technique, and the barbell curl is the best way to do that. It allows you to move more weight, so do your best to master this move with strict form. Of course, if you have wrist issues, the EZ-bar curl is a perfectly acceptable substitute." - Joel Stubbs
Joel Stubbs Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls812
Dumbbell Curls412
Machine Preacher Curl512
Concentration Curl312
[h=3]Albert Beckles[/h]
albert-beckles-biceps.jpg
"I like to place special emphasis on the peak contraction of curls. I often resist supinating until I get very close to contraction. Then I twist my wrists outward as far as they can go just as I reach the top of the curl. This creates a tremendous contraction, and I hold it for a second or two." - Albert Beckles
Albert Beckles Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Seated Dumbbell Curls48-10
Cable Curls48-10
Concentration Curls38-12
Single Arm Cable Curls38-12
[h=3]Robbie Robinson[/h]
robbie-robinson-biceps.jpg
"To up the intensity, I'll do my concentration curls with a barbell, taking a close grip and leaning over so my torso is parallel to the floor. I will slowly curl the barbell upward, feeling resistance along each millimeter of the range of motion. At the top of the movement, I'll hold the weight for several seconds, flexing and cramping my biceps. It's hard and painful work, but it builds density." - Robby Robinson
Robbie Robinson Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls46-10
Barbell Preacher Curls48-10
Concentration Curls48-10
[h=3]Larry Scott[/h]
larry-scott-biceps.jpg
"I would probably use about 4 different exercises for the biceps and 5 to 6 sets for each exercise of 8 to 10 repetitions. This would make a total of 24 sets for the biceps. If I were working the Biceps, Triceps, and Deltoids today. I would have 4 exercises for each and say 5 sets of each exercise or a total of 60 sets for my workout today. This type of workout takes me about 2 hours. I do not rest too much between exercises or between sets but try to keep moving along pretty well." - Larry Scott
Larry Scott Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Two Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl36-10
EZ Bar Preacher Curl36-10
Reverse Grip EZ Bar Curl36-10
Spider Curl36-10
[h=3]Mike Matarazzo[/h]
mike-matarazzo-biceps.jpg
"I idolized all of the bodybuilders who came from that old-school hardcore era. Those guys didn't need any fancy equipment; they trained with intensity and focus, regardless of the gym or other limitations. These guys could do presses with pails full of cement and still get a great workout." - Mike Matarazzo
Mike Matarazzo Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
EZ Bar Preacher Curl410-12
Seated Alternating Dumbbell Curls410-12
Concentration Curls410-12
Sideways One Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curls410-12
Reverse Grip EZ Bar Preacher Curls410-12
[h=3]Phil Heath[/h]
phil-heath-biceps.jpg
"Personally, I like one hand preacher curls with dumbbells. You don’t have to do 100 pound dumbbells to get a burn. Heck I can do 35- 45 dumbbells and get something out of it. It’s also great for guys that travel. It’s the one piece of equipment that most hotels always have." - Phil Heath
Phil Heath Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell or Dumbbell Curls410
Preacher Curls410
Incline Curls410
Hammer Curls410
Freddy Ortiz
freddy-ortiz.jpg
"I don't count the repetitions. I just keep going until the body part gets tired." - Freddy Ortiz
Freddy Ortiz Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls510
Seated Alternating Dumbbell Curls510
Close Grip Barbell Curls48
Pulley Concentration Curls510
Lee Priest
lee-priest-biceps.jpg
"I had a guy come up to me once in the gym when I'm training arms and tell me that I should do curls this way. I looked at his arms and they were about fifteen inches. That would be like me walking up to Tom Platz and telling him how to squat!" - Lee Priest
Lee Priest Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls56-8
Dumbbell Curls56-8
Preacher Curls56-8
Cable Curls56-8
[h=3]Paul Demayo[/h]
paul-demayo-biceps.jpg
Paul Demayo Bicep Workout
ExerciseSets/Reps
Barbell CurlsUnknown
Seated Alternating Dumbbell CurlsUnknown
Machine Preacher CurlsUnknown
Leroy Colbert
leroy-colbert-biceps.jpg
"I Leroy Colbert was the first man to build 21 inch muscular arms, drug free and I am proud of it."- Leroy Colbert
Leroy Colbert Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Leroy would perform 2 exercises from a pool
Alternating Dumbbell Curls4-56-10
Concentration Curls4-56-10
Seated Barbell Curls4-56-10
Reverse Barbell Curls4-56-10
21s4-56-10
[h=3]Jay Cutler[/h]
jay-cutler-biceps.jpg
“I’ve always been a volume trainer." - Jay Cutler
Jay Cutler Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls515
Single Arm Dumbbell Curl312
Single Arm Preacher Curl310
Hammer Curl212-15
[h=3]Kevin Levrone[/h]
kevin-levrone-biceps.jpg
"For the preacher curls, this exercise is done with an EZ Curl bar, you can either do a close grip or wide. If you don’t have an EZ Curl bar, use a small straight bar." - Kevin Levrone
Kevin Levrone Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls48
Alternating Dumbbell Curls48
Preacher Curls48
One Arm Dumbbell Curls48
Dexter Jackson
dexter-jackson-biceps.jpg
"I find that posing improves the shape and hardness of my arms. Before a contest, all the posing practice I do improves my arms day by day. Try flexing your arms after each set to push more blood into your muscles." - Dexter Jackson
Dexter Jackson Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Standing Barbell Curl46-10
EZ Bar Preacher Curl48-10
Seated Dumbbell Curl48-10
Manfred Hoerbel
manfred-hoeberl-biceps.jpg
"You cannot plan on having something incredibly big because you never know how your genetics will work. So, when I started first I had no idea how far I could go in the sport at all. And that I had such big arms in our sport was actually a disadvantage. So, I never planned to have them that big, however I sooner or later realized that having the biggest arms in the world is a great marketing tool." - Manfred Hoerbel
Manfred Hoerbel Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Seated Incline Dumbbell Curls25-10
Thumbs Up Rope Curls28-12
EZ Bar Curls25-8
[h=3]Sergio Oliva[/h]
sergio-oliva-biceps.jpg
"You see in the magazines this guy has got a 21 (inch arm), this guy has got a 22 and this one has a 19-and-a-half. When they went to Florida, and everyone went to Florida, the only one who came close to me was Arnold and his was only 19. My arms were so big that they were bigger than my head. I was the only one, cold." - Sergio Oliva
Sergio Oliva Bicep & Tricep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Superset: Barbell Curls and Standing French Press26, 8
Superset: Cambered Bar Preacher Curl and Cable Push Downs26, 8
Superset: Dumbbell Preacher Curls and Cable Kickbacks26, 8
Vince Taylor
vince-taylor-biceps.jpg
"Most people try to say I use high repetitions. That is not true. I need a weight that will allow me to feel the contraction of the muscle. As corny as it may sound, I need to feel the muscle working." - Vince Taylor
Vince Taylor Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls56-12
Seated Dumbbell Curls510-12
Hammer Curls510-12
[h=3]Kal Szkalak[/h]
kal-szkalak-biceps.jpg
"The mind-to-muscle connection is the key to great arms. More than any other bodypart, you can easily watch your biceps moving with each rep, and with a simple hinge joint, you can focus on getting a maximum stretch and contraction. Make the reps harder, not easier." - Kal Szkalak
Kal Szkalak Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Incline Dumbbell Curls58-10
Barbell Preacher Curls58
Machine Curls512
Cable Concentration Curls512
Reverse Curls512
[h=3]Flex Wheeler[/h]
flex-wheeler-biceps.jpg
"The biceps are relatively small muscles, and it shouldn't take much work to exhaust them if you're training them hard. I do no more than 10 sets once per week, but if I push every set to failure, that's the perfect amount to keep my arms consistently growing without overtraining." - Flex Wheeler
Flex Wheeler Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
EZ Bar Curls310
Single Arm Preacher Curls310
Concentration Curls310
[h=3]Bill Pearl[/h]
bill-pearl-biceps.jpg
"If I wanted to get my arms as big as I could possibly get them, I would probably do around 20 sets of 4 exercises and 5 sets each for the triceps and 20 sets for the biceps per workout 3 times a week. That would be around 60 sets of triceps and 60 sets of biceps work per week. I would keep the reps between 6 and 8 and I would do all basic movements where I'd handle as heavy a weight as possible. I'd consume nutritious food that had calories in and just flat out eat!" - Bill Pearl
Bill Pearl Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Seated Dumbbell Curl48-10
Barbell Curls48-10
[h=3]Bertil Fox[/h]
bertil-fox-biceps.jpg
"Anyone who neglects brachialis development automatically limits the height and ultimate mass of his biceps, because a well-developed brachialis will push the biceps upward and away from the humerus and give the biceps more apparent height and mass." - Bertil Fox
Bertil Fox Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
EZ Bar Curls66-8
Incline Dumbbell Curls66-8
Dumbbell Concentration Curls66-8
Barbell Preacher Curls66-8
One Arm Cable Curls66-8
Mike Christian
mike-christian-biceps.jpg
"Remember, 4 sets, 8-10 reps, heavy and hard." - Mike Christian
Mike Christian Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls48-10
Dumbbell Incline Curls48-10
Machine Curl48-10
High Cable Curls48-10
Boyer Coe
boyer-coe-biceps.jpg
"I remember reading a copy of Joe Weider's Muscle Builder magazine and seeing an article by Steve Reeves on biceps training. He wrote about doing dumbbell curls while sitting on an incline bench. That advice was good enough for me, so the first exercise I ever did for biceps was that incline dumbbell curl. As a matter of fact, it was the only biceps exercise I did for almost five years. All I did was eight to 10 sets of the good old incline curl, then I'd move on to triceps." - Boyer Coe
Boyer Coe Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curl38
Incline Dumbbell Curl38
Machine Curl38
Cable Curl38
Reverse Incline Dumbbell Curl38
Brian Buchanon
brian-buchanon-biceps.jpg
"Let's be blunt and define the two qualities that a bodybuilder needs if he's to have any chance of reaching the very top. First, he must be born with outstanding physique genetics--a natural ability to respond to training and build muscle. Second, he must have the mental tenacity, the will, to harness and develop that physical potential." - Brian Buchanan
Brian Buchanon Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curl56-8
Seated Dumbbell Curl56-8
Cambered Bar Preacher Curl56-8
Concentration Curl58-10
Dorian Yates
dorian-yates-biceps.jpg
"I also think you have less separation if you are fuller. If you go to the gym and pump your arms up they are bigger because of the blood volume, the fullness. But the separation is not so defined." - Dorian Yates
Dorian Yates Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Incline Dumbbell Curls16-8
EZ Bar Curls16-8
Nautilus Curls16-8
Ronnie Coleman
ronnie-coleman-biceps.jpg
"Well it was a long hard road, but I loved every minute of it. I enjoyed the challenge. The road to becoming Mr. Olympia is all in the mind. Everyone puts such emphasis on the physical aspect of bodybuilding but really those who are mentally strong will succeed." - Ronnie Coleman
Ronnie Coleman Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls412
Seated Alternating Dumbbell Curls412
Preacher Curls412
Cable Curls412
[h=3]Paul Dillett[/h]
paul-dillett-biceps.jpg
"I like using a rope instead of a handle for triceps movements. The rope pushdown is more of an isolation movement than a mass builder, because you can twist your arms out away from your body at the bottom. You're
not able to go as heavy with a rope as with a handle, but you get the full muscle-shaping and separating benefits." - Paul Dillett

Paul Dillett Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls4-510-12
Preacher Curls4-510-12
Concentration Curls4-510-12
[h=3]Lou Ferrigno[/h]
lou-ferrigno-biceps.jpg
"I certainly don't agree with the bodybuilders who say you can get big forearms just by squeezing the dumbbell handles when doing curls. In a few cases this may be true, but those guys would build big forearms by merely eating eggs in the morning. Most bodybuilders, myself included, have to work very hard for any kind of meaningful forearm development." - Lou Ferrigno
Lou Ferrigno Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls215-20
Incline Dumbbell Curls3-48-10
Preacher Curl48-10
Frank McGrath
frank-mcgrath-biceps.jpg
"First, the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself. Second, you can watch life with your nose pressed up against the glass. Or you can swing the doors open and step inside." - Frank McGrath
Frank McGrath Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls312-16
EZ Bar Curls38-12
Dumbbell Curls310-12
Serge Nubret
serge-nubret-biceps.jpg
"Genetics help to some degree, but the most important thing is the mind and the spirit. These two are even more powerful than physical characteristics that are passed on." - Serge Nubret
Serge Nubret Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curl812
Dumbbell Curl812
[h=3]Reg Park[/h]
reg-park-biceps.jpg
"As your bodybuilding aims become higher, obviously you have to work harder, until, believe it or not, you are performing from 20-30 sets of both biceps and triceps three workouts per week." - Reg Park
Reg Park Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls55-8
Incline Dumbbell Curls55-8
[h=3]Shawn Ray[/h]
shawn-ray-biceps.jpg
"Be sure to use different exercises with every workout. Always confuse the muscles in to new growth." - Shawn Ray
Shawn Ray Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Barbell Curls48-10
Dumbbell Preacher Curls48
Concentration Curls410-12
[h=3]Dave Draper[/h]
dave-draper-biceps.jpg
"The bis and tris and thighs didn’t go home this hungry Saturday without drawing blood, either. The whole greedy lot got in on the act." - Dave Draper
Dave Draper Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Dumbbell Curls56
Sitting Dumbbell Curls56
Incline Dumbbell Curls56
[h=3]Marcus Ruhl[/h]
marucs-ruhl-biceps.jpg
"From reading bodybuilding magazines, I realized the folly of my initial workouts. That’s when I decided to devise my own program. Everything intensified. Weight and sets increased, and I went on a six-day program, training one bodypart a day, with Sundays off. This time, my goal in every workout was to get a great pump with heavy weight." - Marcus Ruhl
Marcus Ruhl Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
Machine Preacher Curls48-10
Dumbbell Curls46-10
Standing Two Arm Cable Curls48-10
[h=3]Nasser El Sonbaty[/h]
nasser-el-sonbaty-biceps.jpg
"I don't have a favorite body part nor do I have a favorite exercise. Everyone who is honest prefers machines over free-weights, because machines are more convenient and cause less muscle pain and require less concentration and are generally less dangerous. BUT, if you like to have real gains you have to train hard and heavy, and you have to chose always the LEAST favorite exercises which actually give you the best possible results. So go for the least favorite exercises, the free weights... and go for the muscle pain!" - Nasser El Sonbaty
Nasser El Sonbaty Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
No information available.
[h=3]Marko Savolainen[/h]
marko-savolainen-biceps.jpg
"What I would like to bring from the ‘90s bodybuilding to this day is the hardness of the muscles that guys back then had. The best example of this is Dorian Yates. These days guys are bigger but a little bit smoother or puffy looking, especially on some body parts like arms and shoulders. But I think there’s a reason for that." - Marko Savolainen
Marko Savolainen Bicep Workout
ExerciseSetsReps
No information available.

35 Best Bodybuilder Biceps In History, Including Workouts | Muscle & Strength