• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting back into it...

Awesome. I will see how I feel tomorrow.. if I feel good to go then I will.

If not I will take tomorrow + Thursday off and go back on Friday then have the weekend off... Sound good?

I don't want to go on Thursday as I want to stick to Monday, Wednesday and Friday.. That would mean only 2 workouts this week.

maybe play around with the order a bit:

Squats 3 x 8-10
Flat bench press 3 x 8-10
Bent over rows 3 x 8-10
Stiffed leg dead lifts 3 x 8-10
Seated Military Press 3 x 8-10
Calf raises

still the same exercises but you'll give legs a little time to recover before hitting again with deads

maybe play around with the order a bit:

Squats 3 x 8-10
Flat bench press 3 x 8-10
Bent over rows 3 x 8-10
Stiffed leg dead lifts 3 x 8-10
Seated Military Press 3 x 8-10
Calf raises

still the same exercises but you'll give legs a little time to recover before hitting again with deads

That is what I was thinking of doing.. I was thinking of doing my 3 leg exercises first and then getting started on the upper body. I decided to NOT do stiffed leg dead lifts and stick to leg curls for now. I feel like I want to master my squats before I include SLDL. I've also included bicep curls into my workout.

I am still very sore today, so looks like I will be resting today and tomorrow. I'll head back on Friday then again on Monday. I think I will be good to go by tomorrow but with wanting to stick to my 3 days I had set, Friday it is.

Honestly mate you will feel sore for prob acouple of weeks after your sessions when you 1st get back into it - stick with the plan and train tomorrow regardless - get your 3 sessions in - by no means in your 1st week should you only do the 2 sessions.

Honestly mate you will feel sore for prob acouple of weeks after your sessions when you 1st get back into it - stick with the plan and train tomorrow regardless - get your 3 sessions in - by no means in your 1st week should you only do the 2 sessions.

So do you mean I should train tonight after yesterdays break? Then tomorrow off and back on Friday?.. That would be my 3 sessions as originally planned.

I was just worried about doing more harm then good if my body still requires recovery, but you guys know what you're talking about!! :)

So confirm please, tonight (Wednesday) train through the pain??

Provided it's just doms/muscle soreness and not a strain, yes, train again. You'll be getting more blood and thus nutrients in to the muscles which will aid recovery.
Doesn't have to be as heavy as you have been lifting, just a light recovery type session, main thing is getting in there and not skipping

So do you mean I should train tonight after yesterdays break? Then tomorrow off and back on Friday?.. That would be my 3 sessions as originally planned.

I was just worried about doing more harm then good if my body still requires recovery, but you guys know what you're talking about!! :)

So confirm please, tonight (Wednesday) train through the pain??

Simply do your sessions as planned - Monday/Wednesday/Friday

You do not need to skip a workout - you are going to be sore.

One of the biggest reasons people to fail when they 1st start training is they over-think things.

Honestly mate you could do a full body session everyday for a month and not over do-it when your 1st starting off...

Make some bullet proof coffee, that's not over thinking it.

Theres a difference between giving things a crack when you have built a good foundation than skipping your 2nd workout because your abit sore and you have "just got back into training"

Keep things simple, basic, straight to the point - build your foundation from this and then once you have the basics down pat of course branch off and try things if you want too.

I went yesterday ... I was able to maintain the same intensity and even up it!

I was definitely over thinking it as you guys have mentioned and I sense the frustration of my stupid questions... but thanks a lot for your advice, I really appreciate it and it definitely has helped put me to a good start.

I went yesterday ... I was able to maintain the same intensity and even up it!

I was definitely over thinking it as you guys have mentioned and I sense the frustration of my stupid questions... but thanks a lot for your advice, I really appreciate it and it definitely has helped put me to a good start.

No frustration at all mate - always happy to help!

Up the Doggies!!! I hope we win tonight.... Everyone hates Manly :cool:

Yeah, you should again start as a beginner. But don't continue basics for more time it is only for bringing you on a routine. Look forward and make some tough, but repeat all the basics for at least for some time, it depends on how your body reacts to it.