• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wanted - gym buddy. Melb, Eastern subs (Anytime)

peanutz

Not sure of the best place to post this buttttttttttt
I'm looking for a dude to train with - company and gym hangs while we workout. I'm after motivation and a reason to turn up. I'm fully sick of asking my chick mates to do it, because I wind up eating pizza with them instead because they are wicked bitches. Anytime fitness membership (YES I KNOW, I KNOW)

Bit of background -
Have lost a lot of weight, was pretty fit / strong up until the end of last year, was seeing a PT 4 times a week - moved house and had top stop seeing my trainer, changed jobs, travelled and just fell off the wagon with it all. Have tried a few trainers since, but haven't found the right fit yet.

HAHAHA you sassy man. I knew someone would have a crack at my club, and to be honest I completely agree. I previously had an excellent gym...well, my trainers private studio. I'm in Camberwell, can travel! What did you have in mind?

You just need a decent gym. Which eastern suburb are you in?

Hey, just checked out your set up. It's similar but smaller to my trainers place (I was with him for two years). I have a bunch of damage to ligaments and tendons wrist from an old break and surgery about 2 years ago to have a piece of bone and bunch of scar tissue removed. I now have limited grip strength in my right hand, and seriously compromised flex - traditional lifting is not really an option any more. :(

What I meant was that a decent gym would have lots of people you'd enjoy working out with. I was thinking one of the PTCs, but yes my place is an option.

Everyone can do traditional lifts, or some version of them, only questions are where they start and how quickly they progress. If something is weak, we make it stronger. That's sorta the point of the whole thing.

I can't do bench or traditional squats due to wrist flex anymore. I was subbing out oly bar work on bench and squats for kettles which was ok. Deads with mixed grip is average, straps are ok. Clayton is probably too far for me to be able to get to at a reasonable hour :(

As I said, check out one of the PTCs. For example, they have safety bars for squats. If Emad can squat, I imagine you can, too.

Honestly, I wouldn't consider that until I had some foundation fitness and strength back. Way too intimidating and I'd feel like shit at how much strength I've lost.

In good news a guy on another forum hit me up and I'm meeting him tonight to see if we will make a good match :)

Honestly, I wouldn't consider that until I had some foundation fitness and strength back. Way too intimidating and I'd feel like shit at how much strength I've lost.

In good news a guy on another forum hit me up and I'm meeting him tonight to see if we will make a good match :)

Yo xxpeanutzxx

A couple of the guys/girls training with us in Cheltenham might be close to camberwell. I'll see if any of them are keen for a gym buddy as well :)