• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sally up, sally down squat challenge

jzpowahz

http://biohacks.net/squat-challenge-bring-sally-up/

Did this with just BW squats this morning and was relatively tough.

Who is up for the challenge?

40kg (88lbs) for women and 60kg (135lbs) for men.

I'm going to have a crack when I get some damn carbs in me haha.

Could do a leaderboard with weight lifted and bodyweight?

Song goes for 4 mins approximately by the way and has about 30 squats.

Having to pause at the bottom was the hardest part halfway through that song (which I now hate more than Taylor Swift songs) because my quads feel like its on fire. Started to worry about buttwinks, losing tightness, then the wobble legs started. I'll lower the weight (50kg) and do it again!

Green Sally squats is something you love to hate.. When I started doing it it was with just a 20kg bar and worked my way up to approx 40kg the last time I did it. It is brutal and would recommend working up to the 60kg as the break in the hole plus lactic build up will test your metal... Something I need to get back into :)

Ferk dat rhabdo chit.

I got my 1 pac abz. My breathing difficulties. Can't tie my shoes without passing out. But I can squat 1 rep with a lot of yelling and chalk dust.

Ferkincossfitz.

squat-squat-top.jpg
1279082592656.jpg

can you view it now? It said it was processing and I left it. NFI idea haha.

Pretty boring video anyway. Just me squatting and pause squatting for 3mins.

I did the bar only. First time squatting in 3 weeks.

Good choice. We had plenty of people in class fail with bw only.

I think most people on here are much more strength orientated but possibly not with the same level of muscular endurance.

Love to mix it up and make it hurt haha

yeah 30 reps with 60kg or even 90 isnt much trouble.
pause that shit though....will sort the men from the boys pretty quick haha.

keen to try it. after comp.

Im going to mix it up next time and alternate a bar on back vs OH bar squats. I did notice a small break midway that it could be possible to change.
Might hurt....

Had another crack on Saturday with 60kg. Made it to about 3 or 4 squats left in the song. SO CLOSE!

Had a whole heap of people doing it with BW cheering me on too but still couldn't make it. Quads just died haha.