• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AAS/PED Misconceptions

Fister Roboto

Irish Kunce
Hey guys,
I'm putting together some info on drugs in sport and to give a balanced view, some of it will be about the misconceptions and scare mongering that surround AAS and PEDs in general.

What are the biggest misconceptions you have come across?

Cheers

Can of worms much? :)

You'll probably get most on here vouching for their use and effectiveness, even safety when proper protocols are followed.

Will probably do little to dissuade Joe public that they can be managed and used with minimal risk to ones long term health.

Most common misconceptions :

* Permanent damage to your old fella
* Will instantly rage out and become a prick
* That users share needles leading to risk of diseases (?!)

Plenty more I am sure, but I'm hungry and need to eat :p

- "roid rage"
- Liver damage (injectables)
- prostate cancer
- cardiac disease

Pretty much the ones I think where research shows otherwise but still claimed by anti-steroid groups as fact.

- "roid rage"
- Liver damage (injectables)
- prostate cancer
- cardiac disease

Pretty much the ones I think where research shows otherwise but still claimed by anti-steroid groups as fact.
Steroids can amplify ones personality imo, if your an angry Fuk head off gear you'll most likely be an angrier Fuk head on gear. Aas doesn't change my behavior at all, if it did my wife would have left

Liver damage is real as are impacts on myocardial function. But can be reversed with periods of cruising and should be monitored closely with bloods.

Shrinks ya dick is a myth. Shrinks ya nuts is not.

Steroids can amplify ones personality imo, if your an angry Fuk head off gear you'll most likely be an angrier Fuk head on gear. Aas doesn't change my behavior at all, if it did my wife would have left

Liver damage is real as are impacts on myocardial function. But can be reversed with periods of cruising and should be monitored closely with bloods.

Shrinks ya dick is a myth. Shrinks ya nuts is not.
I don't think you can say "Liver damage is real as are impacts on myocardial function" without providing evidence. 17 alpha based steroids like Dbol do cause liver damage but its not the steroid itself its the molecule attached to allow the steroid to survive the pass through the liver that causes that damage. Injectable steroids don't have that molecule attached.

In regards to heart disease there is no reliable evidence to show that AAS cause heart damage or disease, in fact the contrary is true. The studies that have been done show no greater incidence in heart related disease.

Although individual case reports are extant in the literature, the exact incidence of serious or fatal adverse effects is unknown. It therefore remains difficult to assess accurately just how dangerous the use of AAS is. Intuitively, one can deduce that there is probably substantial underreporting of AAS use. Nevertheless, the overall incidence of serious and fatal complications is probably low. These isolated cases of pathology may represent idiosyncratic responses of susceptible individuals to the pharmacological doses used in AAS abusers; as a rule, however, the reported effects cannot be extrapolated to indicate a systematic generic/class effect of androgens—with the important exception of the 17α-alkylated compounds, the most harmful of the anabolic agents. It is sometimes claimed that the intermittent style of using anabolic steroids probably ameliorates the long-term side effects and that using anabolic steroids may not be as dangerous to well-being or as addictive as the use of other forms of recreational drugs. In the absence of any supporting data, however, such assertions should not be generally accepted at present.
http://www.clinchem.org/content/43/7/1289.long

tren causesliver damage, have the blood work to prove it.

on any prescription for tesosterone liver damage is listed as a potential side effect. a pharma company isnt going to list a side effect unless they beleive it could happen and they need to cover their arse

tren causesliver damage, have the blood work to prove it.

on any prescription for tesosterone liver damage is listed as a potential side effect. a pharma company isnt going to list a side effect unless they beleive it could happen and they need to cover their arse
I'm not trying to get into an argument with you but blood work on your liver doesn't prove trenbalone cause your liver values to worsen. All it proves is something you were doing or something your body was doing between your bloods had a negative effect on your liver.

Would you believe that pain killers and female contraceptives also have warnings about liver damage. Read this http://vet.sagepub.com/content/15/6/753.full.pdf on Trenbalone and the liver. Basically they administered a control (placebo), trenbalone and estradiol and just trenbalone to a bunch of sheep. They then slaughtered the sheep after a period of time. After studying the livers they found that trenbalone caused strange crystaline type lesions inside enlarged mitochondria and increased surface area of rough endoplasmic reticulum among other things like an enlargement of liver.

That sounds really bad however the conclusion was that while the lesions might be bad they're consistent with similiar findings in healthy livers; they're very similar to those found in the livers of women taking hormonal contraceptives as well. They also found that the increased surface area of the rough endoplasmic reticulum are likely beneficial and potentially trenbalone acetate makes the liver better at reducing plasma levels of cholesterol.

I'm not saying you're wrong, or that there are not adverse side effects to the liver when using trenbalone just that the evidence I have seen so far says otherwise.

well anytime i have used tren my liver values have raised, when they have not on other compounds. thats enough evidence for me.

also tren reducing plasma levels of cholestreol? anyone who has ever used tren has had their lipids go to shit..so not sure where that one comes from. again have blood that show a big spike in LDL and a drop in HDL which rapidly rectified itself after coming off.

just because its in a study doesnt make it a fact.

are you implying painkillers dont cause liver damage? lol

Last edited:
well anytime i have used tren my liver values have raised, when they have not on other compounds. thats enough evidence for me.

also tren reducing plasma levels of cholestreol? anyone who has ever used tren has had their lipids go to shit..so not sure where that one comes from. again have blood that show a big spike in LDL and a drop in HDL which rapidly rectified itself after coming off.

Yeah I see the contradictions in the results of the study and the common understandings in the BB community around use of trenbalone.

Nah I realise painkillers are very bad for the liver, overdose can cause fatal liver damage.

If its in a properly controlled study the results are likely indicative of facts. Or are at least part of a fact. Given hormones are multi-organ messengers just because that study didn't show conclusive negative effects doesn't mean there are none. There could be a number of other factors that don't affect sheep that might affect you (blood pressure, exercise, stress, PCT drugs, alcohol, BB diet etc, lifestyle factors) but from the study it appears tren alone may not be liver damaging at least in sheep :)

Biggest misconception is that steroids are safe lol
And yeah, trenbolone does reduce plasma cholesterol, but this is not a good thing necessarily a good thing
I could have some decent blood work of 2/3 HDL/LDL and take tren and have bloods that turn into 0.5/3
Great, much healthier lol... decreased cholesterol right?
And then the LDL could even go up to 4, cholesterol is still lower haha but even more dangerous than before

I have bloods to prove that aas has a negative impact on lipids. So do a shit load of other people. If you think aas doesn't you are burying your head in the sand.

But the effect doesn't have a permanent effect in all cases. I have the bloods to prove this as do many others.

Nah there is a right and a wrong way to do things
I think when you have the size you want, 250mg of testosterone and 2-3ml of your favourite anabolic at a dose you can stay healthy with year round is great

I have bloods to prove that aas has a negative impact on lipids. So do a shit load of other people. If you think aas doesn't you are burying your head in the sand.

But the effect doesn't have a permanent effect in all cases. I have the bloods to prove this as do many others.
There was no suggestion made that AAS don't have an effect on blood lipids. Individual bloods don't prove anything other than acting as individual markers. The only way to prove something is to scientifically test, that means using a control group against a group being administered AAS. Elevated liver values don't necessarily equal disease. This study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2291230/ entitled "Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men" clearly demonstrates what I mean.

Once again there is no evidence that Trenbalone causes liver damage. Elevated liver values are part of the job of the liver, it uses a number of methods to break, down, convert or neutralize pathogens, in doing so it exposes itself to toxins which cause liver cells to be damage or die raising those values. According to the study I linked the results of the process of handling Trenbalone appear not to be drastic, being similar to that experienced by women using the contraceptive pill.

The idea that AAS cause abnormal liver damage and disease is in the absence of actual real evidence, a misconception.