• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AAS/PED Misconceptions

not really. plent of oral steroids will cause liver damage. there for steroids can cause liver damage.
Oral steroids usually contain an ester that is liver toxic on the 17 alpha position of the molecule. The steroid itself without the ester is completely harmless and would be broken down by the liver without the ester. Mesterolone is a common non 17 alpha steroid and is not liver toxic. So the assertion that oral steroids are liver toxic is incorrect, as is the assertion that because some oral steroid preparations with the 17 alpha ester cause liver toxicity therefore all steroids do is also incorrect.

lol are you actually reading the fucking drivel your typing?

oral steroids arnt toxic, except for the things that make them toxic? retard

lol are you actually reading the fucking drivel your typing?

oral steroids arnt toxic, except for the things that make them toxic? retard
Calm down. Proviron is an oral steroid and its not toxic because its not 17-alpha-alkylated.

Besides I clearly added the end of the "liver damage" in my original post "(injectables)" to avoid the annoyance of this part of the liver damage argument.

You're clearly incorrect, deal with it.

Blasting 3g oils a week with 200mg of anadrol ed for 20 years straight. Do you think aas will have a negative impact one ones health @zygote

Just because you have elevated aggression levels doesn't mean you are actually aggressive. These are just individual markers. Unless you can provide a scientific study you actually may not be aggressive

Google Andreas munzer autopsy and body. That's enough evidence for anyone who has half a brain.
Some of the meds Munzer took prior to death (besides steroids):

ephedrine
aspirin
clenbuterol
valium
captagon-- scheduled 1 drug in the US, meaning no legitimate medical use-- it is an amphetamine-type stimulant--
cytomel
aldactone
lasix
insulin

I have no doubt they all attributed to his demise, but to think that aas didn't account for conditions Inc heart liver and kidney failure is just plain retarded.

Hey guys,
I'm putting together some info on drugs in sport and to give a balanced view, some of it will be about the misconceptions and scare mongering that surround AAS and PEDs in general.

What are the biggest misconceptions you have come across?

Cheers

Do roid rage Bish!

Not sure on how in depth your planning To go....but it certainly is the biggest main stream mis conception out there....

how is roid rage a misconception? its depends what your using.

pop aload of cheque drops and get into a stresfull situation and tell me there is no such thing as roid rage.

alot of it also the person and their ability to controll them selves and there temprament. hence when you mix alcohol in and peope loose that ability to controll them selves, roid rage. its that simple.

been times on gear my blood has actually been on fire, but been able to restrain myself and not lash out..because thats part of my character. if i was a dick head with no controll, or fucked up on drink/drugs..would easily be doing time!

Last edited:
how is roid rage a misconception? its depends what your using.

pop aload of cheque drops and get into a stresfull situation and tell me there is no such thing as roid rage.

alot of it also the person and their ability to controll them selves and there temprament. hence when you mix alcohol in and peope loose that ability to controll them selves, roid rage. its that simple.

been times on gear my blood has actually been on fire, but been able to restrain myself and not lash out..because thats part of my character. if i was a dick head with no controll, or fucked up on drink/drugs..would easily be doing time!

It is suggested that chronic exposure to high levels of TP does not eliminate the ability to discriminate between social or environmental cues, as might be expected if it induces a “ ‘roid rage.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0018506X01917428

the AAS users were not distinguishable from nonusers on the aggression scales.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0033318205700669

Thus, in humans, pubertal AAS exposure may not cause violent behaviors, but may increase the likelihood that aggressive acts will result in violence.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...sCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false

What these studies are saying is AAS increase your response to provocation. They do not increase the likelihood you will spontaneously be violent for no reason. In short, as you would expect, they make you more dominant, more assertive in your response to aggression.

Edit: fugged up the first link, they're 4 separate studies though that all found no evidence of "roid rage". Roid rage is simply what lawyers use to try to mitigate the sentences of those people who are using steroids and commit violent criminal acts. Excuse not cause.

Interesting to note that stana was found to significantly reduce aggression, nandralone didn't increase or decrease aggression and test prop significantly increased aggression in response to aggression but didn't cause unprovoked aggression.

Last edited: