• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilder destroyed by steroids and HGH

Genics, I'm in the same boat as you. Was prone to depression, doctors wanted to load me up on antidepressants. Not one GP or therapist would consider low test levels (they were usually in the midrange anyway and to look at me, you wouldn't think I had an issue with low test).

Recently (4 months ago) my performance was suffering at work. I had performance counselling with HR. My memory was shit. I had no drive whatsoever. Then I saw a doctor who tested me and sure enough my testosterone was around 7. Put me on TRT.

Then something interesting happened. I wasn't depressed any more, I had more confidence. My memory was better and I had more drive and determination to succeed. I completely turned around the situation at work, so much so that my manager and I now have an awesome r'ship. Oh, and the issues I was having with my back and associated pain didn't bother me as much.

Is it placebo all of this?? Anything is possible but I don't believe so. I appreciate that I may be on this for life (30 years) but l like to LIVE my life for now. Personally, I'd like to have a good quality of life for the next 20-30 years than wait it out. Depends on your philosophy I guess. Is the goal in life to get to 90? 100? And then say "fuck, I 'made' it". Or, do you live your life, even if it means taking some calculated risks that may change things for the better? No risk, no reward.

My sister is somewhat obsessed with me being on TRT. Says she has friends of friends of friends who have had heart attacks at the age of 45 as a result of taking 'steroids'. I tell her it's a low dose, TRT, prescribed by a doctor etc.... doesn't matter. It's evil and dangerous. Yet, she has no problem putting away a bottle of wine. She calls it 'social' drinking and everyone does it. She had foot surgery recently and has been taking benzo's too. Mixing them with alcohol isn't an issue for her. We have had many arguments over this. And in the end, we simply have to agree to disagree.

These were my favorite texts from her from our text marathon last week...

"You try to justify steroids to everything else to make it ok and it's not and ppl have heart attacks because do it more so statistically than drugs or alcohol"

"Our systems weren't meant to take extra supplements to enhance performance - it's not natural and our hearts can only take so much - do some homework - you're in denial
And you can't compare alcohol and Valium to what you are taking"

I told her I would listen to her medical opinion when she obtained her medical degree.

Last edited:
test has always been kind of low. after my last long cycle (8 months) i never really recovered even after a year. decided if i ran gear again i wouldnt come off and go onto trt. im very prone to depresion and test is like an anti depressant to me. test makes my life better, so couldnt give a fuck if i have to jab for ever..its worth it. plus i enjoy being horney all the time

Good stuff mate - I totally agree with you and [MENTION=17517]jmc123[/MENTION]; that some depression, anxiety etc issues in men could be solved with a shot of test a week - its sad to see that doctors are more inclined to simply run a script for anti-depressants than do a blood test and maybe come up with the conclusion all these issues are drawn from low test - it is fairly scary how easily they will issue anti-depressants these days. I remember going to the doctor when I was 17-18 and advising him I felt depressed, had anxiety etc - was not even 20 mins into the convo that he wrote me a script - never took them though haha.

cant compare alcohol and benzos to steroids, yep she is right lol. might want to inform her benzos mixed with alcohol is quite often a lethal combonation.