• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilder destroyed by steroids and HGH

I've lurked around these forums for a couple of years now and Genics and 1 or 2 others are the only users to be even slightly honest about roids having negative effects. It's ridiculous.

I started a thread on another forum asking about sides and the most popular answers were along the lines of 'need two seats on an airplane' 'cant fit through doors'... ho ho.

I've lurked around these forums for a couple of years now and Genics and 1 or 2 others are the only users to be even slightly honest about roids having negative effects. It's ridiculous.

I started a thread on another forum asking about sides and the most popular answers were along the lines of 'need two seats on an airplane' 'cant fit through doors'... ho ho.
The sides for an average user aren't like the media state though. You get regular blood work with periods of cruising you really do minimise sides mate.

Media portray a few weeks of test and your dead within a year after bashing countless Kunts silly.

If kunce can control their doses, frequency and duration, they will most likely get away with it, many have, but the temptation to use larger amounts, more frequently for longer periods as the body gets bigger changes those odds.
thats how the dice roll with gear, it's a gamble.

No users unless they're endocrinologists or study hormones can give you facts about steroid use. They can only give you opinion and their own experience. I used high doses of AAS from 2007 to 2013 without cycling or breaks and experienced no significant side effects except sterility. Given that my wife is now pregnant and the baby is normal, at least in my case that was a reversible side effect.

I read a lot of scientific papers and research studies prior to using aas, because I think its stupid to rely on forum posts or just go in blind when I'm injecting stuff into my body. From what I read, in terms of physical and psychological effects the effects of steroids use are either largely undetermined or they're largely positive.

In terms of brain chemistry, there are some indications that high levels of steroids cause premature apoptosis (cell death) however that study had brain cells floating in a petri dish in a solution containing steroid hormone. Several other studies have shown a positive increase in brain function. Another study indicated suppression of allopregnanalone, deficiencies which possible cause depression and anxiety. Yet another study indicated that rather than rage, certain steroids can cause less aggression (stanalozol) and increased aggression (trenbalone) but that rather than rage, the aggression was more based on assertiveness in response to unsolicited aggression. Interestingly the American Association Against Steroids states on its website that studies have shown no evidence of "rage".

In terms of physical side effects the consensus of the limited number of studies (with one interesting exception) done with AAS show AAS do not cause a increase in cardiac related illness or death. The one exception which did show an increase was done with subjects who were already at risk of cardiac problems and that study was slammed by the research community in the US as flawed. Additionally the conclusions were later amended as the initial conclusions were proven to have used flawed data.

The same can said for the majority of other purported AAS side effects - Not enough studies, too much political nonsense and way too many of these stories whose basis is emotive journalism designed to sell ads not to uncover facts.

I'm happy to find links to the articles if you need them.

I keep saying it, it is a commercially manufactured product (besides the copies) for human consumption, it's was designed and made to be administered into the human body, BUT NOT at the doses BBers use, we're talking 10-20 times the recommended safe dose, this is where the risk is a serious concern.

I keep saying it, it is a commercially manufactured product (besides the copies) for human consumption, it's was designed and made to be administered into the human body, BUT NOT at the doses BBers use, we're talking 10-20 times the recommended safe dose, this is where the risk is a serious concern.

not strictly true. some of the medical doses of these drugs are pretty high

not strictly true. some of the medical doses of these drugs are pretty high

Yes, some may be, but than a BBer will grab the same product and dose up at 10 times that (already high) dose.
These guys take the piss and really push the limits.

I think you're right.

I guess the question is what is the "recommended safe dose". In terms of psychological effects the following might give us some idea -

“When given in the ordinary physiological range, or even up to six times the normal range, androgenic steroids have very few of the adverse psychiatric effects associated with anabolic steroid use,” says Harrison Pope, a Harvard neuropsychiatrist who has studied patterns of anabolic steroid use and their psychological effects.

"A 2004 British study by Daryl O’Connor and colleagues, published in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, found that healthy men treated with a relatively high dose of testosterone (1,000 mg/week) did not produce any detectable increase in aggressive behavior or changes in other nonaggressive or sexual behavior."

http://http://www.dana.org/Publications/Brainwork/Details.aspx?id=43607#sthash.3XdkthM5.dpuf

The article above is actually an anti-steroid article and also includes

For 10 years, Melloni and his collaborators have injected some 1,200 adolescent hamsters with anabolic steroids in amounts and combinations that resemble street doses, then carefully have tracked their behavior and neural responses.
“The results are very clear-cut,” he says. “If you give animals steroids, they are tremendously more aggressive.”

Bit confusing isn't it.

Anyone who uses anabolic steroids in 1k+ dosages I think would be pretty foolish anyway. Down regulation and binding sites limitations eventually make increasing dosage a waste for BB'ing. Of course AAS don't just affect muscle growth they also convert to nuero-steroids so you'd be stupid to overdose on them for no good reason, at least without taking a SSRI imo.

no increase in sexual behaviour? on test i beat my dick liks it owes me drug money. currentlt on 250mg every 2 weeks and horney as fuck

pretty sure the whole down regulation of receptors was proved a myth.

no increase in sexual behaviour? on test i beat my dick liks it owes me drug money. currentlt on 250mg every 2 weeks and horney as fuck

pretty sure the whole down regulation of receptors was proved a myth.
Same, reminds me of when I was younger :) Which is pretty normal afaik.

Primary cultures of testis cells revealed a time- and drug-dependent relationship between ER and AR mRNAs. 17β-oestradiol (E) autoregulated ER mRNA and downregulated AR mRNA. The antiestrogen ICI 164,384 reversed the latter effect. Cycloheximide (Cy), to inhibit protein synthesis, in combination with E, impaired the AR mRNA expression. Testosterone (T) autoregulated the expression of its own receptor mRNA whereas this effect was reversed by both flutamide (F) and Cy. Dose-response experiments showed that low concentrations of steroids (E or T 10[SUP]−12[/SUP]M) increased ER or AR mRNA levels, respectively. These results suggest that both estrogen and androgen may autoregulate the expression of their own receptor mRNAs.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016648098970630

Troll through google scholar and you'll find tons of studies that show the same thing. Both testosterone, oestrogens compete for the androgen receptor. The more T in your system, the more E, the more E the more competition for the AR receptor. Additionally E raises SHBG which has a greater affinity for AR then T and directly competes for AR.

For steroids that are non-aromatizing the same thing happens with progesterone just to a lesser extent.

this is a great thread for personal incrimination. prob for law enforcement thats targetting the stupid rapid rise in steroid use in aus.

its not getting anywhere, its a circle jerk.

steroids are bad, but compared to what?
can't compare steroid users to wwe people. they are the creame of the crop. steroids, alcohol, unhealthy eating and lots of and cocaine. oh and with coke come benzo's, and with long term steroids they take heart medication to counter its effects.

don't wash over whats really happening, dig deep people, find out what really is happening and you will get your answers.

anybody who doesn't accept this as hulk hogans daily regime, should re-evaluate their hero's

or how brad pitt, who is not 50yrs old, got so ripped for your fav movie.
of course its not good. but it does the job.

edit: brad pitt was about 65kg, he was a skinny ass mofo and irl he looks like a twig imo. but it looks great on camera.

he's not using every week, he did it a couple times for a few movies. thats why he's healthy. get it yet?

Last edited:
so what i gathered, from the non-intelligent people was,

if you simply counter the effects of the roids with pharma, then the heart runs just fine, as does everything else.
well to that answer i say, unless you have 40k a year in expenses ie your not a pro bb with serious sponsor income,
then are you really ok, or are you a ticking time bomb?

me? im looking at living my life till im 120. more than normal, not less!

edit: and THAT should be the point of roids, not to shorten lives, but to extend them!

Last edited:

This is an honest question - but why would you want to go on TRT - from memory your not "old" so why put yourself in a corner that will make you have to be on TRT for the rest of your life (I am guessing) - do you really want that hanging over your head if its not needed - I guess if you know you will always be able to be supplied with what you need it doesn't matter to a degree - but what is the reasoning behind being on TRT if you don't have hormonal issues/it is not needed - sorry if I have missed something and you do have hormonal issues.

This is an honest question - not having a dig.

so what i gathered, from the non-intelligent people was,

if you simply counter the effects of the roids with pharma, then the heart runs just fine, as does everything else.
Heart runs just fine with steroids without using pharma drugs. If you eat healthy and exercise + take steroids you will very certainly be better off than the majority who eat poorly and don't exercise.

There's no evidence to show that healthy eating and exercise is better for long term health than healthy eating, exercise + steroids. There is a lot of evidence to suggest after 40 supplementing with testosterone is better for men than letting testosterone decline naturally. Declining testosterone is linked to benign prostate hyperplasia, depression, weight gain, loss of motivation, sex drive, osteoporosis and other ageing diseases.

yeah but there is a time and a place (and dosage) for everything

and in your 20's is not the time or place for roids, your just laying down the foundations of your own body which will dictate how healthy you will be for the rest of your LONG life.

even 30's isn't time for trt imo... 40's is pushing it, because do you really wanna be on trt for 40yrs by the time your 80? imagine if you keep yourself in good nick, and at 65 start trt...

prolong it as much as possible and you'll live longer, and use it not abuse it!

This is an honest question - but why would you want to go on TRT - from memory your not "old" so why put yourself in a corner that will make you have to be on TRT for the rest of your life (I am guessing) - do you really want that hanging over your head if its not needed - I guess if you know you will always be able to be supplied with what you need it doesn't matter to a degree - but what is the reasoning behind being on TRT if you don't have hormonal issues/it is not needed - sorry if I have missed something and you do have hormonal issues.

This is an honest question - not having a dig.

test has always been kind of low. after my last long cycle (8 months) i never really recovered even after a year. decided if i ran gear again i wouldnt come off and go onto trt. im very prone to depresion and test is like an anti depressant to me. test makes my life better, so couldnt give a fuck if i have to jab for ever..its worth it. plus i enjoy being horney all the time