• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Were you counting reps or just TUT Goosey? Looked like a minute on the leg extension and 3 on the press? Lactic acid would have been a killer!

Also do you flex at the top of the extension or is it more of a hold? I hear a lot of people say not to flex

Were you counting reps or just TUT Goosey? Looked like a minute on the leg extension and 3 on the press? Lactic acid would have been a killer!

Also do you flex at the top of the extension or is it more of a hold? I hear a lot of people say not to flex

Yeah I count rep’s WL, 12 on the extension and 20 on the press are my target then straight to the TBDL.
there is a lot of pain, good pain.

from what I’ve read and tried, the the hold and squeeze at contraction is the money shot of the rep.
my quad and knee strength is quite good and I attribute that to the extension.

Yeah I count rep’s WL, 12 on the extension and 20 on the press are my target then straight to the TBDL.
there is a lot of pain, good pain.

from what I’ve read and tried, the the hold and squeeze at contraction is the money shot of the rep.
my quad and knee strength is quite good and I attribute that to the extension.

Nice to know, thanks.

I used to squeeze at the contraction but scared myself off after reading about too many people saying it's a knee killer...not to mention everyone hating on the leg extension to begin with! My old man had knee trouble so I don't want to end up down the same path but love the leg extension for hitting quads so can't give them away completely.

Nothing else I do seems to work them as well...now I generally start with leg extensions to activate and pre fatigue the quads before squats, leg press etc, it's been working well I think. I may revisit the paused contraction as it works a treat but perhaps not at full knee lockout?

1:04sec on the extension which was pretty good 90 seconds is the recommendation I’ve increased the weight on this.
prior to this I had a month off due to a bad sinus infection that wasn’t my best workout.

Nice to know, thanks.

I used to squeeze at the contraction but scared myself off after reading about too many people saying it's a knee killer...not to mention everyone hating on the leg extension to begin with! My old man had knee trouble so I don't want to end up down the same path but love the leg extension for hitting quads so can't give them away completely.

Nothing else I do seems to work them as well...now I generally start with leg extensions to activate and pre fatigue the quads before squats, leg press etc, it's been working well I think. I may revisit the paused contraction as it works a treat but perhaps not at full knee lockout?

Biomechanics, the actual safest part of the movement is at full contraction.

Last bit before the end, I’d done a couple of exercises beforehand but didn’t video it, I’ll do that next time.
my arms where dead after this

3 sets, 8 reps squat, 2min rest
3 sets, 8 reps bench, 2min rest, fail on last set. first 5 were crisp then 6 was like another 20kg on the bar, no safeties so I bitched out.

36 degrees in the shed. Not fun.

Last edited:
Bench - 6x3
BB Row - 5x5
OHP - 4x6
DB Shrug - 2x15
Side DB - 2x15
RearDB - 2x15
DB Curl ss Tri Pushdown - 3x12

Brutal workout this morning.

Squat - 6 x 3
TBDL - 3 x 10