• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
walk machinechinupsmachine rowsupright rowsone arm machine rowsbarbell curlsone arm cable curls
20min 6.5km/h4x4-5/5kg (1min)4x5/75kg (1m)4x6/40kg (1m)3x8/30kg (1m)4x8/30kg (1m)4x8e/15kg (30sec)

walk machinebench pressarnold pressdipsclose grip benchone arm cable extensions
15min 6.5km/h 3 degrees4x7/80kg (1min)4x8/2x15kg (1m)4x8 (1min)4x7/55kg (1min)4x10e/15kg(30 sec)

Just trained my legs a bit more, went for a jog/walk around work for the first time to see how far it is (about 600 meters).

Got stopped by a guy from the warehouse and was told i need a high vis vest on so i don't get run over by any trucks.

Which i thought was kinda funny.

9AMwalking lungessprints
1 set to failure 70 reps (35e)3x100m
2PM
skipping
one leg box squats 61cmsingle leg extensions alternatesingle leg presssingle leg curls alternatehypersone leg seated calvesone leg standing calfs
3x1min (30 sec)4x10e/12.5kg (1m)4x10e/20kg (1m)4x8e/57kg3x8e/10kg (1m)3x15/5kg (1m)3x15e/15kg (non-stop)3x10e (non stop)

I liked that walk today quite a bit so i went for a 2.2km run tonight, did it in 17 minutes and 22 seconds.

Could easily have gone further or faster

I liked that walk today quite a bit so i went for a 2.2km run tonight, did it in 17 minutes and 22 seconds.

That is an awesome start. Keep that up and you will be a new man come April.

Without a doubt, a run does give you an amazing feeling of achievement, and I say well done on your effort. However I'd be less than honest with you if I didn't also share with you few facts. You are running to lose excess weight. That excess weight, when combined with a vigorous activity such as running, ends up placing a tremendous amount of stress on your tender joints. Sure, our connective tissues are extremely powerful, and are designed to withstand a high level of stress, under normal and ideal circumstances, neither of which you're in possession of right now.

Without beating around the bush, to lose weight, the initial weight, it would be advisable to do it under less stressful environment as far as your joints are concerned. So an exercise like stationary bike, or rowing machine, or anything that does not produce that jarring effect running does or has on your lower back, ankle, and knee joints, would be the most ideal at this point in time. To encourage you on what you're currently doing, (not to mention enjoying), and remain silent on sharing what I know and what I've just shared with you, would be less than honest Sir.

Thank you mate.

Very true mate. I wanted to go for a run because i am not use to riding the bike again so needed to do something not related to it, will be getting back on the bike asap

walk machinechinupsmachine rowsclose grip pulldowmsrear upright rows3min restbarbell curlsone arm cable curlswalk machine
10min 6.5km/h4x5/10kg (2min)3x6/70.5kg (1m)3x6/75kg (1m)3x8/40kg (1m)3x6/40kg (1m)3x10e/15kg (30 sec)10m 6.5km/h

Deads and Oh press tonight, tough session but got through it Ok. Recovered with a big plate of pasta meat and veggies, followed by homemade apple and rhubarb crumble with ice cream. Quality

Went for a ride last night, 3.8 km's or 5 laps around the block. Was great.

Then i did a kettlebell workout with a couple of mates. was fked by the end.

So i trained cardio

Without a doubt, a run does give you an amazing feeling of achievement, and I say well done on your effort. However I'd be less than honest with you if I didn't also share with you few facts. You are running to lose excess weight. That excess weight, when combined with a vigorous activity such as running, ends up placing a tremendous amount of stress on your tender joints. Sure, our connective tissues are extremely powerful, and are designed to withstand a high level of stress, under normal and ideal circumstances, neither of which you're in possession of right now.

Without beating around the bush, to lose weight, the initial weight, it would be advisable to do it under less stressful environment as far as your joints are concerned. So an exercise like stationary bike, or rowing machine, or anything that does not produce that jarring effect running does or has on your lower back, ankle, and knee joints, would be the most ideal at this point in time. To encourage you on what you're currently doing, (not to mention enjoying), and remain silent on sharing what I know and what I've just shared with you, would be less than honest Sir.

Thank you mate.

good advice, to get into shape you first need to get into shape.

running (for a big man or women) can create huge impact force on the body.

Losing the excessive fat and strengthening those areas first is wise, running and more so "jogging" is an activity you should do when you're healthy.

8.00amwalkingstridesstanding long jumpssprints/blocks
800m5x100m2.42m (5 jumps)5x60m (90-95%)
10amwalk machinesingle leg pressbox squatssingle leg extensions alternatesingle leg curl alternateswimming
15min 6.5km/h4x8e/67kg (1m)4x8e/15kg (1m)4x10e/20kg (1m)4x8e/10kg (1m)wading 50min