• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah it's not the weight but how you lift each rep
i use to train light weight
was not working for me
found it a waste of time
focusing on compounds works for me
my goals are Stregh and mass
It kind of is the weight, actually.

Youre right, training super light all the time is not the way.

You should train in both high and low reo ranges and heavy and light weights for. And you should be getting stronger as time goes by also.

I find training in blocks with specific goals to be the most beneficial for both size and strength gains over the longer term. And it IS about the longer term.

Sorry. Starting to babble after a few scotches hahaha.

Tim.

don't agree, never trained heavy on my way to 172.5kg bench, nor 155kg power clean, nor 4 reps on 260kg deadlift. yes, assisted.

what matters is intensity, when to back off, and doing enough to improve.

when I trained heavier, I went backwards. still the case for myself now.

Heavy can mean 80%. It can mean 90%. It can mean 70%. All depends on whats doing during that training period. And yes i know its mostly about intensity.

What is the number 1 factor in training progression?

Volume.

Tim.

I am sorry if I have not noticed yet, but what sort of strength levels are you at.
What you mean notice
okay atm deads
all sets I got to 10reps 4-5 sets
sqauts at 60kg I becareful with sqauts some times my right knee plays up
box sqauts 80kg
leg press 140kg
bench 50kg
i know I can increase weigh but I like to sit on the same so my body adapts
it takes time months years
and a lot of fooooood

what numbers you sitting on???

You dont want to sit on the weigjt and reps as your will adapt quickly and you won't go anywhere. Volume must increase and the easiest most straight forward in to add another plate to the bar.

Tim.

tim, I think there are simply too many variables to know exactly how to train.

I have never been able to recover quickly from heavy weights, so I get my intensity from moderate weights with short rests.

don't agree, never trained heavy on my way to 172.5kg bench, nor 155kg power clean, nor 4 reps on 260kg deadlift. yes, assisted.

what matters is intensity, when to back off, and doing enough to improve.

when I trained heavier, I went backwards. still the case for myself now.
You didn't get enough

I have never been able to recover quickly from heavy weights, so I get my intensity from moderate weights with short rests.
You need more fuel
I hardly get DOMS

Yep. 100% agree mate.

I only train heavy (relatively) once a week. Also cant handle any more than that.

Tim.

yes, happy balance between volume and intensity is key; still many ways to get that balance.
There is no answer
what works for one may not work for the other
if you see gains in your body and increased weight
hey that's what matters
no how much you lift or how many reps

There is no answer
what works for one may not work for the other
if you see gains in your body and increased weight
hey that's what matters
no how much you lift or how many reps
ACTUALLY....humans are incredibly similar in terms of how they get stronger and bigger.

Tim.

You dont get doms because you have adapted to the training stimulus....

Tim.
That's you opinion my
my opinion i have enough fuel in the tank for my body to recover
and I wake up in the morning and tell myself I feel good
your mind is a powerful tool
:p:p:p:p

nikko, I am a mere shadow of the man I was.

At moment, 8x95kg bench, overhead press 10x65kg, leg press I don't want to say out of embarrassment, hypers 15 reps with 20kg plate behind neck.

when I was 49 (2011) benched 137.5kg, 130kg with pause; deadlifted 230kg.

I am hoping to get 130kg bench this year. I have lost interest in deadlift, at least until I get my legs up, probably never.

I am training for aths this year.

nikko, I am a mere shadow of the man I was.

At moment, 8x95kg bench, overhead press 10x65kg, leg press I don't want to say out of embarrassment, hypers 15 reps with 20kg plate behind neck.

when I was 49 (2011) benched 137.5kg, 130kg with pause; deadlifted 230kg.

I am hoping to get 130kg this year.
You can do anything you set your mind too
nothing can stop you but your self