• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Light vs. Heavy Weight High reps or low reps for muscle growth? - flexonline

I only do drop sets for last set of each exercise and only for 1 week and then stop for 3 weeks.

Like you guys have all said, just need to change it up.

What are peoples thoughts on pre exhausting workout styles

Last edited:
Pre exhaust works but only for a short periods at a time as it is very demanding, and can eat into recovery time between workouts.

Use Pre exhaust like anyother training method - put it in here and there - I dont think I would add this one in as much as drop sets/super sets etc AFTER my main/heavier sets - just because I am really wanting to get as much as possible out of those heavy sets.

Still useful though and should still be added in at different points.

The thing I have worked out there isnt one sort of training that is best - it is how you approach your training that will draw the best results - i.e being intense, focusing, eating right at the right times etc etc etc.....Its not so much if a drop set works better than a super set....

Then shocking your body into growth. Otherwise everyone would do the exact routine week after week.

The chain is only as strong as the weakest link, the purpose of pre fatigue is to make maximum inroads on the targeted muscle, for example, the chin-up.

The prime mover here are the lats, a big muscle that needs a lot of reps to fatigue sufficiently.
The weak link here are the arms in particular the biceps will fatigue well before the lats feel much stimulation.

So a good pre-fatigue method is using the pullover, and more efficianlty the machine pullover to really target and "pre-fatigue" the lats, the trick then is to quickly, very quickly (within 5 secs) to then jump to the chin-up bar and go to fatigue.
guarenteed after a few sessions you will actually feel for the first time burning in the attachments of the lats under the arm.

some other good pre-fatigues are;

leg extensions prior to squats
french press, prior to the press
flys prior to bench press
shurgs before dead's
lateral raises before press

The best thing to do is have it set up ready to reduce down time, which is critical to doing pre-fatigue effectively.

its hard yakka and although the emphasis is on body parts, the effect on the system is really taxing and recovery will take longer between workouts.

Allow an extra day so progression is still doable.

Then shocking your body into growth. Otherwise everyone would do the exact routine week after week.
There, you've answered your own question, and that's what Silverback/Andy was trying to tell you, that yes, you can use pre-exhaust, but not all the time...not (as you've put it), "week after week". Because if you continue with this shocking method, your muscle fatigue would end up being muscle weakness, where muscle contraction and /or pump would be something of the past!

A "shocking" method would lose its muscle shocking effect if you abuse it by trying to continuously use it.

Fadi.

Last edited:
There, you've answered your own question, and that's what Silverback/Andy was trying to tell you, that yes, you can use pre-exhaust, but not all the time...not (as you've put it), "week after week". Because if you continue with this shocking method, your muscle fatigue would end up being muscle weakness, where muscle contraction and /or pump would be something of the past!

A "shocking" method would lose its muscle shocking effect if you abuse it by trying to continuously use it.

Fadi.

Yes I understand, but Silverback wrote and then, so I wasnt sure what that was in reference to. Thought he was asking me to try and explain it, to make sure I knew the point.

What are peoples thoughts on pre exhausting workout styles

Sometimes its my saviour, i'll walk in, look at the heavy weights and go fuck, not again, but if I grab the lighter weight, and do more of an isolated exercise first, I gat a pump, I start to feel good and than hit the heavy work.