• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your muscles may remember that cycle you did in college...

i thought that was common knowledge??!!
No idea m8. The idea of muscle memory has been around for a while. I haven't heard of muscle remembering steroid use though. If it was just muscle memory and both non-steroid and steroid administered mice attained the same level of muscle growth then you would expect both administered and non administered mice to regain the same amount of muscle. If both attained the same level of hypertrophy but only the steroid administered mice had a 30% accelerated gain when restarting loaded exercise then that's significant. Especially for chicks :)

Makes sense to me. When you hit the gear your protein synthesis is higher, your nitrogen retention is higher, your glycogen synthesis and retention is higher, your cortisol is lower, your igf levels are higher, the list goes on and on. I can see how steroids would permanently change a persons genetics from a cell point.

i've heard and read a lot of moronic stuff during my life's travels and this just possibly might top the list.

You obviously don't have good knowledge on performance enhancing substances then. These drugs act on many pathways in the body, not just physically but also physcologically. Without hormones we would die. Hormones are what make us grow and evolve. We wouldn't be here without hormones. The body has become the body from hormones.

Speechless
The study shows that permanent beneficial changes in muscle cells occurred after steroid use that didn't occur in non steroid treated mice. If you have your own similar study, and not one with a fictitious 8 inch penis and a curtain, that shows otherwise then lets hear it.

Changes in muscle cells are long way off from altering a human's genes, which is what was claimed a few posts up.

bloody cowboys read a few things on the internet, pin themselves a few times with drugs and kapow!, they're fucken experts on human physiology and chemistry

bazinga!