• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

pre cycle bloods. cholesterol

A

angusbeef

Hey guys, ive been out of the game for a few years and have recently decided to run a test e and tren cycle. I had a fasted blood test to make sure my cholesterol and every was in order. Turns out my ldl chol is 6.4 which is moderately high. Im yet to pick up my full results (just had a phone call) and was wondering what I can do to lower ldl / raise hdl. I do cardio and hiit, I take fish oil and watch my diet pretty closely. Could it be as simple as not eating 8 eggs everyday?

Policosinol* should help reduce cholesterol.

Cheers, Shrek.

I'd never heard of this stuff.

(Although I'm not the OP) I have very high cholesterol levels, caused by drinking too much alcohol. I neither want to give up drinking, nor take statin, what with the side effects including "muscle soreness", and (depending on who you ask or what you read) "muscle weakness". All of us here already have enough of the former, and wouldn't want the latter!

Do you take policosanol yourself? Does it work? Are there side effects?

One of the things that I've found when I googled it just now is that it apparently lowers LDL specifically, and even raises HDL - something which I don't think the statins claim to do.

What is the rest of your diet looking like? Its been proven that eggs arent the big cholestrol troll that everyone made them out to be

Cheers, Shrek.

I'd never heard of this stuff.

(Although I'm not the OP) I have very high cholesterol levels, caused by drinking too much alcohol. I neither want to give up drinking, nor take statin, what with the side effects including "muscle soreness", and (depending on who you ask or what you read) "muscle weakness". All of us here already have enough of the former, and wouldn't want the latter!

Do you take policosanol yourself? Does it work? Are there side effects?

One of the things that I've found when I googled it just now is that it apparently lowers LDL specifically, and even raises HDL - something which I don't think the statins claim to do.
No I don't take it. My cholesterol levels are fine last time I got bloods done.

My diets pretty in check. I weigh almost everything I eat and count every kj and macro. I got my actual full results back yesterday afternoon. My total cholesterol is just a tad high, but my cholesterol ratio is almost spot on, I dont think its much to worry about, as ive read that the ratio of hdl to ldl is the most important factor.
@stonelifter, yeah ive read that about eggs, but I figured if I cut down in eggs and other foods with sat fats and replace them with more fish and fibrous foods it wouldn't be a bad thing. Im going to do more cardio for a few more weeks, play with my diet, then re evaluate my cycle plans. Thanks everyone for advice