• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone using battle ropes?

I do. Started with them at the studio, bought a set for myself. Get man made, the natural fibre ones shed, split and leave a mess.

I do!
I bought the super long natural ones, have not failed!
I have the long yard to use them but these days HIIT has just been so much easier on a spin bike!

Tabata ropes FTW!

i want to. my gym has them but im too scared to use them as they make heaps of noise and i'll look like an unco **** trying to use them for the first time

i want to. my gym has them but im too scared to use them as they make heaps of noise and i'll look like an unco **** trying to use them for the first time

It really takes no talent. Just keep it moving and don't flap your arms, that's asking for an injury!
Get on it :thumbup:

You just have one rope mounted in the middle, or 2 ropes laying down or?

I've considered them. Also considered a climbing rope but trying to decide the best place and method of mounting it.

haha I used to think the same. Seriously, if I can use them and not end up looking like I'm a candidate for a mercy killing, you'll be fine :D

In point of fact, I need to get a rope as it would be great to get back to using them (it's been a while) given I can't do anything with impact ever again so limiting my conditioning options.

Battle ropes are really good tools for arm exercises but you would need a really wide space to do exercises using them. I wanted to try them but I don't have the luxury space either in my garage or even in the gym where I go to.

You just have one rope mounted in the middle, or 2 ropes laying down or?

I've considered them. Also considered a climbing rope but trying to decide the best place and method of mounting it.

one 15m rope wrapped around a pole halfway works well.