• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

SQUAT Battle: Powerlifter vs. Bodybuilder vs. Strongman vs. Weightlifter

steveP

Interesting challenge.

SQUAT Battle: Powerlifter, Bodybuilder, Strongman and Weightlifter Squat Hardcore until failure

[h=3]Their stats:[/h] Strongman: Patrik, Int. German Junior Champion Bodybuilding 1999 Germany’s Strongest Man 2011 World-records in: Loglift, Keglift, Yoke-Walk
Weightlifter: Robert, Multiple German Champion, placed 9th @European Championships 2013, placed 11th @World Championships 2013 all up to 69 KG – class
Bodybuilder: Dorian, 2xGerman Champion, World Championship – Finals, 4th @Frey Classic
Powerlifter: Thomas, Multiple Bench Press State Champion, Powerlifting State Champion, won an insignificant tug war battle @ basic military service – he insisted on this

I'm having problems with this experiment. If I understand it correctly, the lifters would have 5 minutes to squat their bodyweight for a maximum amount of repetitions. Am I correct? If so, then the weightlifter did terribly in my opinion managing 70kg x 73 reps in 5 minutes! I could be wrong in my interpretation, perhaps someone here can correct me if I am.

Edit: perhaps I'm being too harsh in my judgment of the weightlifter. I say that because he may be a full on pure weightlifter, that is a lifter who does not go beyond a maximum of 5 reps.

Last edited:
Yeah they said at the end of the video the powerlifter and weightlifter surprised everyone as they mainly train for 1 rep max.

I thought the strongman was gonna have a heart attack!
Bodybuilder toppling over was an edge of the seat moment.

I was really surprised the bodybuilder didn't do better. This type of training would be the closest to a bodybuilding routine.

Loved the bodybuilder nearly passing out. Knew the strongman. Wouldn't get far being aerobic as much as it is strength. I was impressed most with the weightlifter though.

Haha insane. Before I started watching I took a guess which order they would rank in, I chose-
1. Weightlifter
2. Powerlifter
3. Bodybuilder
4. Strongman

I was close. I knew the bodybuilder wouldn't perform too well but I was surprised he strongman did fairly well for reps

Yep, should add crossfitter, although at BW for squats that is like a typical workout for some :p

I would have thought the strongman would do ok as there is a fair cardio element to that sort of training.

They should do bodyweight pullups next, and include crossfit. Results would be something like this-

Crossfitter- 135 (0 real ones)
Weightlifter- 32
Bodybuilder- 24
Powerlifter- 18
Strongman- 17