• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

LF Positive Points for gym to purchase Powerlifting Equipment

Depends on what exactly he is after, but comp benches with a thick pad, lift out platform, lever adjusters and face savers are $899

a5atezan.jpg

comp benchers are a must, Not keen on theLife fitness ones iron edge supplies, they just bounce around, limited adustability, and no face savers.

ABC bars are the cheapest I would go, as long as its the proper black nitride bars, they are a massive step up from the iron edge items

also plenty of quality platforms, the iron edge premium and standard bumbers are pretty good., for teh cost of a mono you could get a few decent cages, better way to spend the money, until there is competing powerlifters there.

next time your in Rocky drop in to Scrutiny strength and conditioning, or send your gym owner down for a look.

Well, can't believe it, but they've done it. Everything ordered, here's the setup in 3D.

10703857_817270284960015_3249104997707637415_o.jpg

And have to say, I'm a little bit excited about they bench's I convinced them to order :)

10452893_543869232385866_4970327820871992745_o.jpg

interesting setup with the power racks - are they belts so that if a bar is dropped, it's not trashed?

interesting setup with the power racks - are they belts so that if a bar is dropped, it's not trashed?

Not completely sure about the reason for belts over hard savers. Got a look at the nearly finished setup yesterday, very impressed. We attempted to squat but the timber floors underneath the racks were too slippery. Does anyone know if the floors have to be conditioned, roughed up, or just worn in?

10553309_10152718895706768_4331374427098503228_n.jpg

There's more than in the photo (including calibrated Ivanko plates) but including shipping and install about $230,000

Hey mate, did you help with the purchase/install? Is that including the crossfit section? There's 600kg+ of calibrated Ivanko plates behind me in the picture.

Re: the platforms. Get the shine off it as quickly as you can. Should start to grip a bit better
re: the slings. That's what they're designed for, however any reduction of damage to the bar is pretty minimal and we've had bars bounce out of the racks off them lol. The guys within the company that actually lift have been pushing for a full length spotting arm but the guys upstairs don't like them
Re: my involvement. Not much on this order. Just mainly making sure the stock debuted correctly and keeping the sales rep up to date with where the back ordered items were at!

I just (literally 30 seconds ago lol) spoke to one of the engineers about the timber
- he said don't squat in socks lol, and if it doesn't wear in try and run some rubber or something like that over it to leave a bit of a coating

I just (literally 30 seconds ago lol) spoke to one of the engineers about the timber
- he said don't squat in socks lol, and if it doesn't wear in try and run some rubber or something like that over it to leave a bit of a coating

Will do, cheers.

I spoke to our sales rep that did this order and he will be heading up pretty soon
if the platform hasn't worn in naturally he's going to try and sand back some of the gloss finish on it, and he's going to try and sort out a double deadlift jack instead of those pox single ones

I spoke to our sales rep that did this order and he will be heading up pretty soon
if the platform hasn't worn in naturally he's going to try and sand back some of the gloss finish on it, and he's going to try and sort out a double deadlift jack instead of those pox single ones

Oh man, double deadlift jacks would be awesome, we used the single ones today, kinda a pain in the ass. Cheers.

Dominator Benchs arrived this week. Didn't take long to put together. Allan from AMFX has a true talent for building this stuff. Not bad for a commercial Snap Fitness Gym

Hl7u5zk.jpg

PcF40FT.jpg

Hg5ElhI.jpg

z7rkhyM.jpg

QNuq0wP.jpg