• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how much strength do u gain

Speaking of which, do you have a training and diet log here or on another forum? If not, probably would be a good place to start. If you are doing something wrong, chances are that the experienced guys here will pick up on it pretty quick and help you out.

i train at too high %s Kelvin.im starting to always have niggling injuries.i eat a lot of crap.i have to always cut to make weight so of course i lose strength and with that i lose confidence.i have two options after the meet,try and lose some weight to the mid 80s and put on lean muscle back up to 93 or just become this short blob in the 105s.
its kind of annoying putting in wimpy efforts on the platform with weights that i crush when im 6-7kgs heavier.
i had enough of this thread lol.thanks for the replies.was educational.

Last edited:
Stana has a very short 1/2 life, will be totally out of your system in a month, google Ben Johnson, will tell you how he avoided and eventually busted using it.
Do you really want a medal and photo like that? Even if no one else finds out, you will know and probably hang your head every time you look at it.

PS
Forgot to mention, if you keep training solid you will carry over most of the strength gained (including size so weight will change), you'll still be strong months after it clears.
If they were true enemies, I wouldn't hang my head in shame. Fuck em the dogs. They deserve to lose

i train at too high %s Kelvin.im starting to always have niggling injuries.i eat a lot of crap.i have to always cut to make weight so of course i lose strength and with that i lose confidence.i have two options after the meet,try and lose some weight to the mid 80s and put on lean muscle back up to 93 or just become this short blob in the 105s.
its kind of annoying putting in wimpy efforts on the platform with weights that i crush when im 6-7kgs heavier.
i had enough of this thread lol.thanks for the replies.was educational.

I know what you mean. Cutting weight with a 1 1/2 hour weigh in window to rehydrate sucks. In effect, you really can't drop more than a kg or so. I'm sick of doing sub par with muscle cramps and such so am aiming to just squeak in this comp, a la Steve Pritchard.

Sounds like you know what the problems are, so just fix them. Forget about cutting. Just clean up your diet and stop maxing out in training. It works a treat. You will have all the strength without the bloat and much less chance of injury. Plus you will get stronger.

Talking to Ed, he'd cut up to 10kg with a 2hr weigh in.
Drink a bit of water, eat a bit of rice and do the meet.

All in the sauna. No water loading.

apologies if that comes off as me being a dick as you already out total me easily despite being lighter im just saying would it be fair to say that smart programming would take precedence over taking juice for strength effectiveness?

im gonna get beaten comprehensively on the platform by guys who started same time as me,who had the same total who i know are natty.they have just trained smarter.

The way I wrote it I thought it was pretty clear that it's ALL about the training
You use AAS as a recovery method in order for you to do more work. They suck for "strength" unless you take orals or take a very large dose.

My experience. I went from benching 90 to 125kg in 2 test e (500ml/wk for 8 week) cycles. I was working out 5ish times a week doing sets of 4-6@90%1rm. I've been off test for about a year and am still benching 110.

Test works.