• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how much strength do u gain

Because it's not exciting.
To many people on the platform on squats, equipments in the way.
Bench puts everyone to sleep.
People miss lots of lifts in equipped.
Days are too long.

The list goes on.

PL is my life , literally, but it's never going to gain IOC recognition.

for a guy that seems rather good at powerlifting,u do say its boring a lot.i hear that tripe all the time,doesnt mean its true.u might as well join the IPF now too.

Last edited:
Ignoring the rest of the thread...
Personally I do not find it increases strength all that much at all. But there are still many benefits that allow you to increase strength at a faster rate

Better recovery, better feed efficiency and increased muscle mass are the main things
I trained the same way I did when natural and even though I got bigger I did not get that much stronger, just at the same rate I did when I was natural. But after then I changed things up so I was doing massive amounts of volume and I can recover just fine from it. I will do even more volume next time I am still a LONG way from the most I can do. This week I competed on Sunday 3rd and then on Monday with no sleep did 5x10 high bars and 5x5 paused high bars on squats, then 5x10 front squats and then more high bars on wednesday. Then a set of 20 on deadlift on thursday with a load of back work and high volume benching on mon/wed/fri/sat. Then today the following Sunday matched my equal deadlift PB of 270kg on a regular stiff gym bar and in the competition I used the texas deadlift bar. I don't think I'd be able to do this naturally to be honest. I will do more squats at 5x10 then paused squats tomorrow and I'll be fine again on Wednesday for more squats

There is also the increased bone and tendon strength you get over a long period of time.
This is my experience

well i cant actually handle a bit of squat volume and frequency,its deadlifting that smashes me.I havent gotten much stronger at all doing what ive been doing so yeah..

what were ur lifts as a natty man?i see ur deadlift is crazy,ur squat is good and ive forgotten what ur bench is so how heavy were u and how long have you been "on" and how much actual increase has it given you?numbers pls.sun tzu is all about the measurements

Last edited:
Because it's not exciting.
To many people on the platform on squats, equipments in the way.
Bench puts everyone to sleep.
People miss lots of lifts in equipped.
Days are too long.

The list goes on.

PL is my life , literally, but it's never going to gain IOC recognition.
True and its a shame.
Would love to see it in the Olympics.
Maybe at the highest level they could have a higher qualifying total so there's less lifters and it will then be quicker.

Last edited:
well i cant actually handle a bit of squat volume and frequency,its deadlifting that smashes me.I havent gotten much stronger at all doing what ive been doing so yeah..

what were ur lifts as a natty man?i see ur deadlift is crazy,ur squat is good and ive forgotten what ur bench is so how heavy were u and how long have you been "on" and how much actual increase has it given you?numbers pls.sun tzu is all about the measurements.

Squat: 190kg (a high 200kg)
Bench: 105kg
Deadlift: 240kg (250 after 2 weeks "on")
68-72kg (fluctuates a lot)

This was November 2013 I hit these, started in December
Competed last sunday and I hit:

Squat: 210kg
Bench: 115kg (120 in gym)
Deadlift: 270kg
(73kg in a meet, walk around 76-81kg, again, I fluctuate a lot)

True and its a shame.
Would love to see it in the Olympics.
Maybe at the highest level they could have a higher qualifying total so there's less lifters and it will then be quicker.

At the absolute minimum you need 20 lifters for an efficient meet, split that into 2 weight classes, that's 3.5hr event at least.

Still 7 classes to go, not including the women.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squat: 190kg (a high 200kg)
Bench: 105kg
Deadlift: 240kg (250 after 2 weeks "on")
68-72kg (fluctuates a lot)

This was November 2013 I hit these, started in December
Competed last sunday and I hit:

Squat: 210kg
Bench: 115kg (120 in gym)
Deadlift: 270kg
(73kg in a meet, walk around 76-81kg, again, I fluctuate a lot)

yeah uve gotten quite a lot bigger,its funny tho as u say ur numbers havent exploded,i actually have been training with someone recently who is natty and his strength has gone thru the roof over a similar period of time to yours.he is quite a bit heavier tho.

At the absolute minimum you need 20 lifters for an efficient meet, split that into 2 weight classes, that's 3.5hr event at least.

Still 7 classes to go, not including the women.
Oly lifting has many weight classes. They still take ages to get through it.

Not nosey, just not sure you'd always get an honest answer

heh unaware of this forums history and not fussed either lolz.im neutral and just here for the educating.its freakin blown my mind what ive read in this thread already.i probably should of just started googling names of drugs and started there but anecdotal evidence is easier to retain.

Last edited:
yeah uve gotten quite a lot bigger,its funny tho as u say ur numbers havent exploded,i actually have been training with someone recently who is natty and his strength has gone thru the roof over a similar period of time to yours.he is quite a bit heavier tho.

Well 535 - 600 in under a year isn't that bad in my opinion... especially as most of the gains were in the last few months and I do not use high doses

65 kg is good,dont get me wrong here for a small guy you are very good,however id point out that im going to probably equal or better that improvement as a 40 yr old natty and without actually sticking to a cookie cutter routine.im actually quite a poor trainer in terms of peaking on the platform.i try different approaches and never stay on a program.
my best training is done with noone around lol
bear in mind im heavier tho.
i understand if u really bulked up,ud blow me outta the water.

apologies if that comes off as me being a dick as you already out total me easily despite being lighter im just saying would it be fair to say that smart programming would take precedence over taking juice for strength effectiveness?

im gonna get beaten comprehensively on the platform by guys who started same time as me,who had the same total who i know are natty.they have just trained smarter.

apologies if that comes off as me being a dick as you already out total me easily despite being lighter im just saying would it be fair to say that smart programming would take precedence over taking juice for strength effectiveness?

im gonna get beaten comprehensively on the platform by guys who started same time as me,who had the same total who i know are natty.they have just trained smarter.

Speaking of which, do you have a training and diet log here or on another forum? If not, probably would be a good place to start. If you are doing something wrong, chances are that the experienced guys here will pick up on it pretty quick and help you out.