• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO 2014 aussie champs clips

No way man I go for not quite clean shaven now
basically just shave the neck each day then beard trim it once a week

not because it looks good but because I cba

why does everyone assume you're a powerlifter when you have a shaved head and beard, including actual powerlifters!

why does everyone assume you're a powerlifter when you have a shaved head and beard, including actual powerlifters!

Because powerlifters try and look tough by having a beard and shaved head. When in reality they look like fat hipsters.

Yerp. There is one PA judge that gets a bit edgy with deadlift lowering. Its kinda strange because the IPF rules say:

"#7. Allowing the bar to return to the platform without maintaining control with both hands, i.e.: releasingthe bar from the palms of the hand."

So, there is no mention of download speed, just keeping a grip. Frankly, even that is not really important. The deadlift is all done once you lock out. Same with squat and bench. I think the "not dropping" thing is more to do with not crushing your foot (sumo) or taking off a knee cap. Something I like about oly lifting is dropping dat fukka once you lock out.

I hate to say this but I think the lift would have actually passed in the PA comps. Ahem. Not that it matters at the end of the day. It was an opener.

As far as Facebook goes, ferk. Its Facebook. Its not real and not part of a comp. I can imagine that the admin might get a bit grouchy if someone was to intimidate or threaten a judge. If they can't take mild sarcasm then they would never last in Canada.

hvHjGHO.gif

you wouldn't have got any red lights for that deadlift in PA. I'm amazed you got banned.

No idea what the CAPO rulebook says, but all you need in IPF is for your hands to stay on the bar all the way down.
It's a comp, why waste energy lowering the bar slowly.

The only exception would be for small comps where the venue requests some control to protect the floor, for a national comp the platform should be able to
stand up to any weight deadlift

pretty sure I saw adrian tullo get red lighted for dropping deadlift too fast at 2011 CAPO champs.

But Adrian did not carry on about; came back and ripped next weight up.