• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recent Blood Tests

cunniff1981

I was just curious as to what people thought about my numbers on a recent blood test that I had. I did them as I was curious what my hormone profile was as I have some issues that I thought low T might be the cause. My numbers where;

testosterone: 13 nmol/L (normal is 8-30)
SHBG: 27 nmol/L (normal is 10-45)
Free Test: 0.3 nmol/L (normal is 0.2-0.6)

Now I am a 33 yr old bloke who eats well trains hard doesn't drink or smoke (was a drinker and drug user in youth, but not for 10 yrs). Don't these seem low?

I got 17nmol and Im around your age and train/eat well. I thought the same thing. I wonder what mine would be if I didnt train cause training makes me feel really good.

Doc said don't worry unless you can't get it up.

Just out of interest - What would the trade off be - morals and cheating and all that bullshit aside?

Plus's
- take a low dose of test, raise levels to 20-30
- feel a lot better (or just a bit better, if at all?)

Minus's
- have to jab yourself 1/week
- lower sperm count (fertility)
- costs associated with checkups etc
- other unknown not studied long term effects
- The unbearable to live with judgement of other forum members with halos over their heads

Morality is the opiate of the masses. If it feels good, looks good then guess what? It probably is fucking good.

43yo and 6nmol last time I was tested. I benched 175kg last year with this low level of male hormone and just today deadlifted 240kg and did doubles on 110kg power clean.

Will get tested again this year and face the usual astonished look from the GP who will no doubt, once again, tell me I need TRT to "perform as a male"

LOL, I get wood just looking at a barbell.

I was just curious as to what people thought about my numbers on a recent blood test that I had. I did them as I was curious what my hormone profile was as I have some issues that I thought low T might be the cause. My numbers where;

Now I am a 33 yr old bloke who eats well trains hard doesn't drink or smoke (was a drinker and drug user in youth, but not for 10 yrs). Don't these seem low?

NO good bro, need MOORE gear!

You're fine.
These levels in the physiological ranges make very little difference

However for health reasons, you might want your testosterone around 19

I guess I'm not coming from the angle that I feel 100% and I found that it was a bit low and I think how huge I could be if it was where it should be.
I have a lot of symptoms that are associated with low test and a few other things. I just am trying to work through things to see what could be the issues. I was thinking that I would rather have 250mg of test a week than taking the anti-depressants that I am on if low test was the issue.

I am a bit over feeling depressed, fatigued, crap sleep, irritability, anger, poor recovery, no sex drive, real trouble with fat on the stomach and chest. I have been on SSRI's for the last 2 years and I still have all those issues but the anger (mostly) when on them. I am just looking for a better way I guess.

I eat really well (no sugar at all, not veggie fats, just fruits, veg, meats and nuts with dairy, sometimes bread or pasta), I train 3-4 times a week. I don't feel like I can do that much more myself to feel any better.

As for sides for TRT, I have had my kids and I have had the snip so that's no issue and upping test levels to optimal won't have great sides, it's only if I went supramaximal and was blasting 3g's a week that I would have the issues.

Do you guys with numbers similar to mine have any of the issues that I have??

I have much lower sex drive than my 20s - this is the main thing I notice and reason why I'd start test.
Depression is actually not really an issue (except where I lost my job a little while back) - it does come and go a bit, but I think that's a family thing as Dad/Mum are similar.
Sleep - my sleep is shit, I wake 1-2 times per night, is this normal? Never really researched it.
Hugeness? Couldnt really care less. If anything I'd be a bit pissed off if I could take test and hit my 2 year goals in 6 months. Then what would I have to aim for?
Recovery? I'm doing Sheiko and doing fine, I've done Smolov before and it was fine too.

Overall I feel like I'm kicking goals in most areas of my life, but I'm not going perfect - wouldnt mind trying test, that would answer any questions I had surely? (and you too, just try it?) But it's a hard to get hold of thing from what I understand, and possibly a one way trip ? I definitely agree it's probably better than other things.... especially SSRIs/psychiatric medication.... fuck that shit if you can avoid it.

I have much lower sex drive than my 20s - this is the main thing I notice and reason why I'd start test.
Depression is actually not really an issue (except where I lost my job a little while back) - it does come and go a bit, but I think that's a family thing as Dad/Mum are similar.
Sleep - my sleep is shit, I wake 1-2 times per night, is this normal? Never really researched it.
Hugeness? Couldnt really care less. If anything I'd be a bit pissed off if I could take test and hit my 2 year goals in 6 months. Then what would I have to aim for?
Recovery? I'm doing Sheiko and doing fine, I've done Smolov before and it was fine too.

Overall I feel like I'm kicking goals in most areas of my life, but I'm not going perfect - wouldnt mind trying test, that would answer any questions I had surely? (and you too, just try it?) But it's a hard to get hold of thing from what I understand, and possibly a one way trip ? I definitely agree it's probably better than other things.... especially SSRIs/psychiatric medication.... fuck that shit if you can avoid it.

I wake 3-4 times a night when I sleep, only on strong pain killers have I slept a night through in 7yrs or so. As for sex drive it isn't lower it isn't there at all. I would just go out and try it to see if it helped, but my wife only says that it can happen if a doc prescribes it. She is scared of the hole roid rage thing since I have a little anger problems (not violent just arguementative and stuff if not on SSRI's). I know that my thyroid is at 3.2, which under the American endo society is above the 3 they reccomend.

I also feel cheeted that other people can work out less and take less care of themselves and seem to surpass my lifts with ease and I have to work like a mother f@#$cker to get anywhere (any anywhere aint that far from where I am now). I just want to be a normal person without the issues that I have, I am sick of being grumpy Dad.

Last edited:
I am glad my sex drive is less.

Nothing worse than lusting after something you have no chance with as you get older.

You are pretty fucking strong from what I've seen in your thread.

I got a mate who benched 180 naturally some people are just better. I think getting stronger/bigger is a very very bad reason to start testosterone. For one it seems like people who are depressed and rely on the 'progression reward' circuit get hooked on the drugs more easily and are more likely to abuse it. They get used to adding 10kg to their total each month or whatever, become too obsessed with lifting and need the progress to stay happy..... this is probably not healthy.

I wake a lot sometimes if I'm stressed as shit seems like you may have some other issues (work whatever) that you need to reason/talk through with someone else. But who knows it may just be low Test.

I'm in my 30s and turn down women / show no interest too often. Dont have sparts problem.

You are pretty fucking strong from what I've seen in your thread.

I got a mate who benched 180 naturally some people are just better. I think getting stronger/bigger is a very very bad reason to start testosterone. For one it seems like people who are depressed and rely on the 'progression reward' circuit get hooked on the drugs more easily and are more likely to abuse it. They get used to adding 10kg to their total each month or whatever, become too obsessed with lifting and need the progress to stay happy..... this is probably not healthy.

I wake a lot sometimes if I'm stressed as shit seems like you may have some other issues (work whatever) that you need to reason/talk through with someone else. But who knows it may just be low Test.

I'm in my 30s and turn down women / show no interest too often. Dont have sparts problem.

I totally understand about the strength thing. I am not really doing it for that though it would be a nice bonus. I guess I just want to feel normal, and be motivated. I have had issues with substance abuse in the past so doing anything not in full view of the wife is not an option.
I also am in the process of going to see someone to talk to see if there are any underlying issue to.
I am not just bull headed on the idea of test I am willing to do whatever it takes to feel normal again.

Yeah I've wondered about it too. Kind of annoying people just assume you want to look like a model or whatever.

Maybe the comedy clip I linked has the answer - 'you're crazy not to' (when you're old) :p

IDK.