• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kristos broke the all time squat and deadlift record at 67.5kg

Now that's a squat

And here is another. IPF are not perfect but they sure try to make sure that depth is "real". No Dave Hoff shit.

Bottom line is that if Kristos squatted, benched and deadlfted according to GPC rules, then all his lifts are good and the effort is awesome. Sumo or conventional pull, its all deadlifting. Pick it up and lockout according to the rules, then its all good.

No point trying to say one style of fed is better, that's pretty irrelevant. Pick a fed and compete according to the rules. No point bitching about someone juicing or not. If its allowed, then its allowed. All part of the fed. If that particular issue is something that causes a lifter moral issues, then just compete in PA.

Sometimes this fed thing is like a bunch of PMT 13 year olds having a bitch party.

Last edited:
Good squats exist in every fed
Kristos' is one of them. Marcos wouldn't have allowed some bullshit record and he was side reffing. I could clearly see the depth from where I was standing too I have no idea how anyone can dispute the depth

As far as the drug equation. Let me tell you internet lads what integrity is about. I have banned a lifter who competed in PA from setting foot in my gym when I know for certainty he used drugs before. [...] And I see this as someone who uses and admits to using.
Fuzzy, the GPC Constitution says,

"The use of performance enhancing Drugs is not allowed and testing will be carried out as deemed necessary and absolutely required by the Nation hosting events. Testing will be for ​[sic] the expense of the host Nation. The Global Powerlifting Committee Ltd will take whatever action deemed suitable against those athletes showing positive test results."

GPC Australia is actually supposed to be a tested federation just as PA is. Now, they may choose not to bother with this because of the expense and other reasons, but that's in the constitution.

I don't believe Kristos is using performance-enhancing drugs. But next time you toss out a PA lifter for using them, remember that paragraph above from GPC.

His lifts were good.

Last edited:
So someone who admits to using and competes in GPC should be banned because under their constitution drugs are not allowed.
Interdasting. ...

Last edited:
Fuzzy, the GPC Constitution says,
"The use of performance enhancing Drugs is not allowed and testing will be carried out as deemed necessary and absolutely required by the Nation hosting events. Testing will be for ​[sic] the expense of the host Nation. The Global Powerlifting Committee Ltd will take whatever action deemed suitable against those athletes showing positive test results."

GPC Australia is actually supposed to be a tested federation just as PA is. Now, they may choose not to bother with this because of the expense and other reasons, but that's in the constitution.

I don't believe Kristos is using performance-enhancing drugs. But next time you toss out a PA lifter for using them, remember that paragraph above from GPC.

His lifts were good.

Well that's funny as fuck!

Surely some issue to do with various legal matters.

Federation rhetoric and the federation itself are two different things.

Anyone that complains about sumo deads is an idiot. If they are so much easier go and do them. Most find they can't lift any more anyway.

Insane lifts, I'm curious about the bench though, I thought the rules were you had to keep your glutes flat on the bench?

the GPC Constitution says,

so all these people like Fuzzy and 0ni who are open about their drug use are actually technically in breach.

:D

Last edited:
Before all the nut huggers come rushing in, I couldn't give a monkey's toss whose on gear in GPC. GPC is regarded as untested, so blast away.

Its just funny that constitution says otherwise.

It is funny. All the talk about its powerlifting and integrity but it isn't allowed if you follow the rules.

My lawyer friend says that they need to declare what a PED is, which is why ASADA has a banned substance list
Nobody has ever been banned from GPC though lol. It's not against the rules of competing also it's against the "constitution" which applies to being a member of GPC, if that makes sense

My lawyer friend says that they need to declare what a PED is, which is why ASADA has a banned substance list
Nobody has ever been banned from GPC though lol. It's not against the rules of competing also it's against the "constitution" which applies to being a member of GPC, if that makes sense

if some civil case went ahead, I'm pretty sure a court of law would deem ASADA's list or similar, as being what "a reasonable person" would deem as performance enhancing, would be used to determine if you or anyone else had breached the constitution.

I'm pretty sure that if a federation, any fed including the 900 million shit feds in the US, were asked live on camera what their stance was on PEDs, they would to a man (and/or woman) declare that they are against drug use. Louie Simmons might get a bit bitchy but even he is smart enough to know that you kneel before the great unwashed masses (we all know what happened when The Chasers said that Princess Di was a slut).

In practice, you have IPF feds which are drug tested regularly (although in some countries you can take that with a grain of salt from the Siberian salt mines, wink wink) and all the others which, despite whatever the arse covering constitutions declare, have non tested competitions. e.g. The recent epic and awesome champs in Hobart with Lillibridge and Magnusson etc would, may I be so presumptuous to say, have had the juice alarm ringing off the wall. Probably hit some dealer on the head on the way down.

So, just call a spade a spade. So what if they are untested. Or tested. You choose a fed and lift by their rules.

In Australia, I'm pretty confident that the PA testing program is spot on. Maybe not so much in some other countries, but here there is both random and targeted testing at most large events. In the Open Nationals and the Pacific Invitational in April this year, all the winners and record breakers in the Open category were tested. On top of that there was random testing on all 3 days.

In ALL other feds here in Australia, no testing was done. Or will be done (lets face it).

So, if you want to lift and set national and international records in the IPF, you better be drug free (and yes, some lifters test positive every year in international events).

If you want to use drugs or if its not a concern to you, then lift with any other fed. It's your choice.

But, and here's the rub, if you choose to lift in a non tested fed, then automatically you are a "non drug tested lifter". For all intents and purposes, you are not a drug free lifter, cos you aren't tested. Even if you don't take "da juice", you are still a non tested lifter. Any and all records cannot then eclipse a tested lifter. You cannot be a non tested lifter and be "all time world record holder". You can only be a "all time world record holder in a non tested federation".

Bitching aside, tested or not, monolifts, wraps, whatever. Kristos' lifts were awesome and respect is given. But if you want to be the "best in the world" then you have to compete on a level playing field.

You may not judge him. But if he's "huge" (well over 100kg) and needs gear to get a 200kg bench, chances are he wouldn't have a three plate bench without gear. I call ******ry on this one.

That much benefit, that would be near 50%.

One of few intellegent posts so far.

I'm gonna say a few things now.

Before he took the record, I joked with Oni and a few others how comments like 'seems like a good squat, but wraps aren't raw and he used a cheater monolift' would be made. We had a good laugh, and it's very amusing seeing the exact same comments made.

As far as the drug equation. Let me tell you internet lads what integrity is about. I have banned a lifter who competed in PA from setting foot in my gym when I know for certainty he used drugs before. I was foolish enough to give this person training advice, but I despise nothing more than drugged lifters pissing in a clean pond. Kristos is drug free. We didn't claim it because with the biggest squat on paper we simply don't give a shit, and we just couldn't be bothered with the endless bitching and moaning. So we just put our heads down and got it done.

When this kid squats 330@75 in 2 years then he will be on drugs. Till then I suggest you all work harder. And I see this as someone who uses and admits to using.

I knew the comments about sumo would come. He pulls 245x2 conventional. Still 3.5x his bodyweight.

So for all the critics. Keep on being shit whilst other people are getting stronger. This was a legit squat to a good depth. We wanted a legit world record, not the shit getting passed in the US.

Thank you all for the amusing read.

Yeah, it is amusing when people say there are no differences between feds.

No one is attacking anyone, expect I know Oni is on gear.

Keep it real fuzzy.

I'm pretty sure that if a federation, any fed including the 900 million shit feds in the US, were asked live on camera what their stance was on PEDs, they would to a man (and/or woman) declare that they are against drug use. Louie Simmons might get a bit bitchy but even he is smart enough to know that you kneel before the great unwashed masses (we all know what happened when The Chasers said that Princess Di was a slut).

In practice, you have IPF feds which are drug tested regularly (although in some countries you can take that with a grain of salt from the Siberian salt mines, wink wink) and all the others which, despite whatever the arse covering constitutions declare, have non tested competitions. e.g. The recent epic and awesome champs in Hobart with Lillibridge and Magnusson etc would, may I be so presumptuous to say, have had the juice alarm ringing off the wall. Probably hit some dealer on the head on the way down.

So, just call a spade a spade. So what if they are untested. Or tested. You choose a fed and lift by their rules.

In Australia, I'm pretty confident that the PA testing program is spot on. Maybe not so much in some other countries, but here there is both random and targeted testing at most large events. In the Open Nationals and the Pacific Invitational in April this year, all the winners and record breakers in the Open category were tested. On top of that there was random testing on all 3 days.

In ALL other feds here in Australia, no testing was done. Or will be done (lets face it).

So, if you want to lift and set national and international records in the IPF, you better be drug free (and yes, some lifters test positive every year in international events).

If you want to use drugs or if its not a concern to you, then lift with any other fed. It's your choice.

But, and here's the rub, if you choose to lift in a non tested fed, then automatically you are a "non drug tested lifter". For all intents and purposes, you are not a drug free lifter, cos you aren't tested. Even if you don't take "da juice", you are still a non tested lifter. Any and all records cannot then eclipse a tested lifter. You cannot be a non tested lifter and be "all time world record holder". You can only be a "all time world record holder in a non tested federation".

Bitching aside, tested or not, monolifts, wraps, whatever. Kristos' lifts were awesome and respect is given. But if you want to be the "best in the world" then you have to compete on a level playing field.

Concur with most of this post.

However, ADFPF does have some testing.

As for US lifters (IPF), they face very few OCTs; I have done the research of invited lifters to Australia in recent years.

OCT testing in last few days before a comp means nothing.